Home
Posted By: timl Lefty youth rifles? - 07/28/15
I have a friend looking for a lefty youth bolt action 243. So far he's set on getting a Savage Axis. What else should he be looking at?
Posted By: RWE Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 07/28/15
Ruger American rifle.
Posted By: timl Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 07/28/15
I didn't see them in a compact version.
Posted By: coyote268 Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 07/28/15

Remington 700 sps
Posted By: LeonHitchcox Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 07/28/15
A wood stocked Savage 11 and lop off the stock. Those stocks are cheap enough not to cry over. Put the cutoff section back as the kid grows and cover it with a recoil pad. Replace the stock when the kid grows up.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 07/28/15
Remington makes a LH Compact model in .243, 20" barrel and shorter 12 3/8" LOP.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/left-hand/model-700-sps-compact-synthetic-lh.aspx
Posted By: KenMi Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 07/29/15
Ruger made the compact lefty .243 American in the Davidsons exclusive run in stainless. Part #6941 They have 33 left in stock. 18" barrel and 12.5" LOP. And, Ruger will sell the full size stock for $50, which fits perfectly, when the kid gets older.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 07/29/15
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Remington makes a LH Compact model in .243, 20" barrel and shorter 12 3/8" LOP.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/left-hand/model-700-sps-compact-synthetic-lh.aspx

This. I bought one for my son, bedded and floated it in the factory stock and it shoots well.
Posted By: pointer Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 07/30/15
Originally Posted by KenMi
Ruger made the compact lefty .243 American in the Davidsons exclusive run in stainless. Part #6941 They have 33 left in stock. 18" barrel and 12.5" LOP. And, Ruger will sell the full size stock for $50, which fits perfectly, when the kid gets older.
Yep. Whittakers has them listed as well. FWIW, I call last week about getting a LH compact stock; $70.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 08/02/15
I bought a LH 700 youth 243 for mini-me and replaced the factory synthetic stock with a McMIllan mcswirley with 1/2" pad and 13" LOP. Next spring I'm having the pad ground off and a 1" pad put on as the boy has grown about 6" already this year...
Posted By: utah708 Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 08/04/15
The biggest thing that people forget about when doing a youth stock is the grip distance. Kids have small hands, and they have got to cheat their hand forward off the pistol grip in order to reach the trigger. That really reduces their ability to squeeze the trigger and control the gun under recoil. On the youth stocks I built my boys I built up the front of the grip so that they still had good control and the trigger came to the crease of the first joint.

I might still have that stock (fits a LH short action Rem 700 BDL) around here if somebody needs it.
Posted By: Bently Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 08/28/15
New price on for a compact RAR stock is 69.95 straight from Ruger.
Posted By: coyote268 Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 08/28/15
I put a grip pad on my Daughters Tikka to shorten up the pistol grip from God-A-Grip. Really helps. You also might want to consider the 7mm-08 with reduced load ammunition. Lot of guys use it for their youngsters on Deer sized game.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Lefty youth rifles? - 10/13/15
Browning Micro comes in left handed.
© 24hourcampfire