Home
Posted By: SubDoc Savage Custom shop - 11/23/15
Has anyone had them make up a big-bore lefty? 10 years or so ago I had one of the lefty, 375 H&Hs they built. I was a nice rifle and I regret letting it go.

I'm considering having them build a relatively short 375 Ruger. I like the accustock and accutrigger better than Ruger's African wood or Guide Gun laminate.
Posted By: USAFA71 Re: Savage Custom shop - 11/23/15
Not a big bore, but I had them build a left-hand 257 Roberts a few years ago. I started with 100 Nosler Partitions which went about 1" at 100 yds. Next I tried 115 gr Nosler Partitions, and with 5 shots running at 1/2", that has become my load. Worked well on the large doe and large 8 pt. Buck last week. With Accu- trigger and Accu-stock, recoil is very minimal, and it is my favorite.
Posted By: doctor_Encore Re: Savage Custom shop - 11/23/15
Effi Sullivan is the custom shop is wonderful to work with on custom order rifle...go for it and enjoy your new 375 Ruger.

Doc
If big bore means 7mm, Effie did me right. Very.
Posted By: anie Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/10/15
had great lucky with effie on a custom shop 25-06
Posted By: GeorgeS Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/10/15
They refused to build a .458 for me because I intended to use it in Africa on a Cape buffalo hunt.

George
Posted By: ReggieDunlop Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/11/15
Originally Posted by GeorgeS
They refused to build a .458 for me because I intended to use it in Africa on a Cape buffalo hunt.

George

What was their rationale for the refusal?
Posted By: GeorgeS Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/11/15
It might fail under rapid operation. It would have had their version of CRF instead of a claw extractor.

George
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/11/15
Only bolt action I've ever had jam up while taking game was a Savage.
Posted By: RGK Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/11/15
I had Savage build me this one in .30-06. 24" barrel, lefty with detach magazine. Mucho nice.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jericho Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/12/15
Does Savage offer 358 WIN as a custom caliber?
Posted By: BMT Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/12/15
Effie did a 308 for me
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Savage Custom shop - 12/13/15
Only if they currently make .358s. The deal with Savages is they piece them together from parts. There isn't any real hand fitting. They pull a bolt head out of one box and a bolt out of another. If they don't fit together well enough, they just grab a different one to see if that fits, and so on. If you ask for a combination of parts they have, they'll stick them together for you.
© 24hourcampfire