Home
Posted By: RWE Rearranging the left hand arsenal - 12/22/15
I've been getting of on underhammerfrontstuffers lately, but I keep a couple bolt guns in the rack for routine use.

A few short years ago, I had a wood stocked Weatherby 30-06 and a "built from action" mini mauser.

But the Weatherby developed some "issues" and my daughter started using my mini, so I ended up with a LH RAR in 223, and a LH Tikka T3 Stainless in 30-06.

Both are great guns, but its not fitting me right.

After the holidays, I will be looking at replacing both - kind of.

I would like a LH T3 in 223 (not necessarily stainless), and a LH 30-06 with a wood stock, a hawkeye, M77, a Mauser or Zastava.

If anyone else is getting restless, maybe we can work something out.

Just something to think about while your driving to Mom's house for Christmas...

The lefty T3 will have a good value on the used market, especially since it is being discontinued. I'd bet they are budget cutting at Tikka, to offer a lower priced rifle to stay competitive. If so, the T3 value will only go up.

I'm also making a move and selling my lefty 30-06 sometime soon. Great gun, but I'm just consolidating to better fit my needs and the cartridges I prefer.
PM sent
RWE, good thinking on the T3's..
This what you're looking for? 30-06 MKII.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Oh that's the gun all right.

My first bolt gun was a m77 in 300 WM.

I almost wish I had it back- but I'd rather have the 06.

The whole exercise is in pursuit of my 2 bolt gun battery.

a wood stocked LH 7x57 would likely be the gun to make me decide on having 3
So talk me out of it.

I'll be at camp until Sunday but drop me a PM.
Lefties?
I need to take a new photo, and add the newer ones like the Zastava 458 Win mag.

[Linked Image]
Some nice looking lefties there, Frank!
© 24hourcampfire