Home
I recently bought few rifles from a seller, along with left handed a bolt for my wife. Found out that it did not have magazine, therefore, I bought one on ebay.
Making long story short, this magazine won't fit in my wife's rifle (Seems to be that magazines front lip meets the receiver way before latching). The magazine is original a bolt mag.
My question is, does magazines' for LH rifles made different from RH?
Thank you.
If it is a stainless gun, they were built on a long action stock which may affect which mag you use. I thought I was buying a true short action, but it's a short action with like a barrel spacer and used a long action synthetic stock.
It is not stainless. The magazine appears to be true a bolt mag. The lip in front which is towards the barrel is catching up, followed by the curved ends in the back of the mag.
Originally Posted by scottf270
If it is a stainless gun, they were built on a long action stock which may affect which mag you use. I thought I was buying a true short action, but it's a short action with like a barrel spacer and used a long action synthetic stock.
Tell the seller to fix it with the correct magazine or return it at their expense.
Is it a micro-hunter?

(if so, I think I have an extra mag around (243/7mm-08/308)
It's regular plain a bolt. Got a part number from Browning today. Am afraid if the factory won't fit either...
I got an additional mag for my lh a-bolt '06 years back. It's a .270 mag for a rh model. Works fine.
PM sent to Pointbock
I bought an extra mag for a LH 243 micro bolt hunter that I had re-barreled to 260 Rem. It fit fine.
Thanks. That helps.
go back through the classifieds. If I remember correctly someone here had 5 or 6 for sale in the last year. It might be a good starting point.
Iactually bought the 260 Rem magazine from Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Browning-A-bolt-308-made-in-Japan-4-round-/172445822213?hash=item2826926d05:g:6QAAAOSw2xRYQhXH

© 24hourcampfire