Home
A spectacular group of 11 left-hand Winchester Custom Shop Model 70 rifles, complete with consecutive serial numbers and controlled-round-feeding actions, has just become available for purchase. Calibers are: .243 Winchester, .25-06 Remington, .270 Winchester, 7mm Remington Magnum, 7mm STW, .30-06 Springfield, .300 Winchester Magnum, .338 Winchester Magnum, .35 Whelen, .375 H&H Magnum, and .416 Remington Magnum.

Based on receivers taken from the original prototype run of 40 left-hand actions (ten were built as test rifles and subsequently destroyed, 11 were used for this group, and almost all the rest were returned to production), each was hand-built by the USRAC Senior Design Engineer responsible for the Model 70 program in the 1990s. Himself a lefty, he created these rifles for his own use, yet never took them afield. All remain in unfired condition with only light handling and storage wear.

- See more at: http://sportingclassicsdaily.c...sthash.g8STNxDv.dpuf

Do you want to bet on what the set sells for?

Well, we know what he's trying to get for them:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/615465521

Unbelievable.
I'm surprised that he put a "Buy it now" price on them.
I can see the asking price but that $750 ground shipping is a deal breaker for me.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it....
Originally Posted by Fjold
I'm surprised that he put a "Buy it now" price on them.

I'd be surprised if anyone took him up on it.
Someone might bid to save $100. Haha
Hmmmm.........if memory serves me right the owner posted something about this collection a few years back. Not sure which forum but think it was here. Only other place it might of been was over at AR forum. Details are fuzzy to me but he said something about working at Winchester and assembling the collection and would consider offers or something to that effect.

Anyone else remember the original posting?
The ad originates in Hollywood. I believe it is from Ben Affleck, Rosie O'Donnell, Barbara Streisand and about 8 other actors that are raising money for a bus to go to Canada.

I bet the collection ends up going over $1M with the hope they fill the bus up with the rest of the lying Hollywood miscreants.
There is a premuim on these because they were prototypes when they were learning what mistakes to make in manufacturing. So these may have flaws not even seen in later models. Like a penny that is stamped wrong. Priceless
© 24hourcampfire