Home
Posted By: BobMt 22 hornet - 02/02/17
need some help,i want a 22 hornet but that is impossible to find.is there a rifle that could be rebareled? an action that i could have a gunsmith build on?

any help appreciated........bob
Posted By: jakelly Re: 22 hornet - 02/02/17
The old 591 receivers were used for this. Single shot only though.
Posted By: BobMt Re: 22 hornet - 02/02/17
thanks......but want a bolt action. ..bob
Posted By: arroyo Re: 22 hornet - 02/02/17
I have a CZ 527 and a Ruger #3 .22 Hornet.The CZ 527 is a great Baby Mauser.
Posted By: BobMt Re: 22 hornet - 02/02/17
the cz is a lefty? i have seen on their site chambered for 223 and 204,....bob
Posted By: jeff270 Re: 22 hornet - 02/03/17
The bolt face on my Abolt Hornet (Micro Hunter?)
is about .4" and a .223case easily fits in it.
You might make a conversion from .223 if you can find an extractor, floorplate and magazine.
And it's just about the unhandiest magazine ever.
Posted By: Unalakleet_Yooper Re: 22 hornet - 02/03/17
Anschutz also made the 1730 model in left hand.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 22 hornet - 02/07/17
Been looking on Gunbroker for over a year for a LH Hornet bolt action.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: 22 hornet - 02/07/17
I keep checking every now and then hoping a LH Browning Micro Hornet will show up.

Been brainstorming about buying a PTG bolt with a .318" bolt face and trying to frankenstein a LH M700 SA.
A funny and true gunbroker story. Almost 2 years ago, I was looking for a Browning LH 22 Hornet. Had the search keys set for updating by email and the whole kit. Behold, one comes up for sale. I was pretty flush at the time and told my buddy that "i'm going to buy it, regardless what it costs!" I ran a couple of bidders out at about $1400 and at $2,200 I got cold feet. The rifle sold for $2,250, IIRC.

Two weeks later another one came up and I bought it for $755. True story and one I was very lucky to get.
Posted By: bea175 Re: 22 hornet - 02/07/17
I love my Browning LH A-Bolt in 22 Hornet great calling rifle in the woods. It loves Lil'Gun and the Hornady 40 gr V-Max

[Linked Image]

Posted By: BobMt Re: 22 hornet - 02/07/17

any recommendations on a gunsmith that could build one for me?....bob
Any gunsmith should be able to build one if he has an action made for the hornet. Feeding the hornet case would be the hard part. I read somewhere that PTG makes a Hornet bolt face for the Savage action.
Thought about buying a CZ 527 LH 223 and a RH 22 Hornet, then swapping barrels. A bit of work might be necessary on the bolt and maybe the fitting of the mags?
Posted By: dkid Re: 22 hornet - 02/07/17
I had PTG build a left hand hornet bolt head ( Savage) and chambered a Pac-nor barrel, no nut, in 22 hornet. All set up for us lefties.
Would sell bolt head and barrel for $225 shipped.
Originally Posted by dkid
I had PTG build a left hand hornet bolt head ( Savage) and chambered a Pac-nor barrel, no nut, in 22 hornet. All set up for us lefties.

That would be a great deal
Posted By: 700LH Re: 22 hornet - 02/07/17
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
A funny and true gunbroker story. Almost 2 years ago, I was looking for a Browning LH 22 Hornet. Had the search keys set for updating by email and the whole kit. Behold, one comes up for sale. I was pretty flush at the time and told my buddy that "i'm going to buy it, regardless what it costs!" I ran a couple of bidders out at about $1400 and at $2,200 I got cold feet. The rifle sold for $2,250, IIRC.

Two weeks later another one came up and I bought it for $755. True story and one I was very lucky to get.

Yep, I remember that gun smile
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 22 hornet - 02/10/17
Originally Posted by 700LH
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig

Yep, I remember that gun smile

I have never been so happy to have missed out on a gun.
Posted By: bbassi Re: 22 hornet - 02/14/17
Originally Posted by dkid

Single shot or did you get it to feed? I too love my Browning micro, but I've had a 17 hornet itch I'd like to scratch. I just can't justify paying for a second micro and the way mine shoots I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.

FWIW, I think there was a LH hornet made by CZ at one time. I saw on on GB 3 or 4 years ago and hesitated just a little too long.
Posted By: Ella Re: 22 hornet - 02/16/17
What about one of the mini-mauser actions? Zastava?

I love my .223. One in hornet would be sweet.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: 22 hornet - 02/16/17
Originally Posted by bbassi
Single shot or did you get it to feed? I too love my Browning micro, but I've had a 17 hornet itch I'd like to scratch. I just can't justify paying for a second micro and the way mine shoots I doubt I'll ever get rid of it.

FWIW, I think there was a LH hornet made by CZ at one time. I saw on on GB 3 or 4 years ago and hesitated just a little too long.

This is why I'm still looking for a LH hornet. I have that same 17 Hornet itch and it won't go away. I had MGM make me a 17 Hornet carbine barrel for my G2 Contender but really prefer a bolt gun.
© 24hourcampfire