Home
Posted By: coyote268 Stock for LH Savage WTB - 06/17/18
Nothing is going on so I am thinking of replacing the stock on my mdl 10 Savage LH. Hate their factory stocks but most factory stocks are not to my liking as in my younger years (I'm 81) I was a custom stock builder. Lost vision in right eye so now I shoot left hand rifles. Don't want to break the bank but would like a good stock with a high comb (which most factory stocks don't have) for good scope accusation as at my age I need all the help I can get. Looked at Boys but would rather not go that route. Rifle is a 308 and just use it for pigswhile Turkey hunting. Any Ideas or suggestions?
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Stock for LH Savage WTB - 06/18/18
If you are looking for a Pre-AccuTrigger Model10, I have a Savage factory laminated stock. Started out as a RH stock. I opened up the bolt slot for LH. Has a Limbsaver pad added. If it something you might be interested in, shoot me a PM. It needs to go...
Posted By: coyote268 Re: Stock for LH Savage WTB - 06/18/18
Thanks for the offer but mine is the accu-trigger
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Stock for LH Savage WTB - 06/18/18
Good luck with your search !
Posted By: MLF Re: Stock for LH Savage WTB - 06/19/18
Go to ebay.com and look under left hand stocks. A few will show up, particularly for the Savage. They even have a Herter's Walnut stock. Also look up Stocky's.
Best of luck to you
Posted By: MrFurious Re: Stock for LH Savage WTB - 06/20/18
Boyds is about the only option out there for a wood LH Savage stock these days. I have one of their Prairie Hunter's and a Heritage on a couple of my LH Savage's and have been very happy with them. The only other option I know of for wood would be Richard's Micro-Fit but their stocks are rough (understatement of the year) and need a LOT of work to finish them out.
Posted By: coyote268 Re: Stock for LH Savage WTB - 06/20/18
Thanks Mr Furious, I just went and ordered one from Boyds. I know what you mean about Richards. 45-50 years ago they were the best. Talked to them a while back and they leave a lot to be desired.
Posted By: MrFurious Re: Stock for LH Savage WTB - 06/22/18
Not a problem. Here's the Heritage I got from them a couple years ago for my custom left-bolt/right-port Savage Axis in .223 Rem.

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire