Home
I bumped into a neighbor who is also a rare item, a drilling guy. He's really into Meffords and we were talking about mine. He said it has a feature that decocks the rifle barrel. If my small brain was working better....., well, it wasn't. According to him, Mefford copied this from Merkel. He said it was activated by pushing the button on the selector and sliding it backwards. Is that how you make this work? How does it work?
Thanks
Bfly
The Merkel 96K system features that. A good friend just got one in 16/16/9,3X74R, scoped with EAW swing mount and 1.75-6 Leupold.
He loves the gun. I had first crack at buying it, but it came at a bad time, or I'd be loving it. grin

http://www.merkel-usa.com/products/rifles/drillings/96k-96ks

The Prussian/Sauer/Daly sidelock Steelhead and I have traded, and traded back has a great side-cock system for the rifle. Push it down to select the rifle and cock it, or hold the lever down and pull the rear trigger, letting the lever back up will de-cock it. Note the lever to the left of the trigger guard...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I have a Thieme and Schlegelmilch that has a decocking feature on the cocking slide on the tang. Push it up and it cocks,push it back and it decocks.
My Krieghoff Trumpf drilling has a top tang cock/decock slider. the button on top must be depressed to slide it backwards, or "decock"
That is the usual system of these, the Merkels have it and most "modern" "drillinge" I have examined do as well.

What is your "Trumpf" chambered in, may I enquire?
Same with mine.
Originally Posted by kutenay

What is your "Trumpf" chambered in, may I enquire?

It is in 16x16 ( 70mm) / 7x57R and I have a .22 RF mag insert for the left barrel regulated to the iron sights.
© 24hourcampfire