Home
Here's a Sauer LUFTWAFFE M30 SURVIVAL rifle in 12ga/9.3x74. $20,000 CDN

Not sure what they are worth or much about them but it may be of interest here.

http://www.thegundealer.net/inventory.php?Category=4

At 28" barrels it's a fake. Originals have 25.6" barrels. It also has scope bases, which an original survival drilling won't. The eagle & swastika are also stamped too far forward. With the stock "refinished" there is no cartouche remaining.

There are more fake survival drillings than genuine ones, it seems.
Good to know, I wasn't buying but the store is not that far from me.
I've seen quite a few of the luftwaffe drillings in Germany that had claw bases installed (post war). I didn't realize they made that many 12/9.3x74 drillings in that time period to have a lot of counterfeits. I passed up a nice one in the case with the ammo, acc, etc many years ago because I didn't have the 3500$ to spare. One of those aw shucks moments we all have in messing around with guns :o).
I hear you...

I had to pass one in the case with all accessories AND original ammo for $4,000.00 about ten years ago, and I missed one at a pawn shop by one hour for $400.00! 20 years ago!

I do see some that had scopes mounted after the war, and some re-finished...what a shame.

I've also seem three fakes, one being sold by a high end dealer from the SF Bay Area at the Big Reno Show.

At any rate, the gun in the ad is highly suspect.
That 4K$ one sounds like the one I passed on. 400 bucks.. Now that does hurt :o).

We all have those. As I wrote that, I recalled another one of mine. Some years back I was in Atlanta on business and stopped in a local gunshop I knew. The guy had 2 cases with browning superposed shotguns (a 12 & a 20) with extra barrels, that were Elvis's guns, Inlaid with motorcycles & guitars, musical symbols etc. in gold and factory letters and records, order forms with drawings etc.. He Wanted 35 grand for the 2 guns. I thought about it but declined. I was flying home to FL in my plane, and heard the news that Elvis was dead. I landed at the Valdosta airport (closest one) and called the dealer to tell him I'd be back to get them. The price had increased tenfold.. :o(.
© 24hourcampfire