Home
Posted By: WiFowler Zoli Combo Gun - 04/28/15
Any info available on these . . .

Zoli Combo Gun

Choke interchangeability? Where might one find the correct scope mount? The rib is milled out and a removable insert in place.

Came across one the other day in 12ga/6.5x55 and couldn't pass on it. It's certainly novel, in that I haven't been able to find much on these guns through several 'net searches.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 04/28/15
I tried a Valmet scope mount on one, and it worked.

You can get a high end 11mm airgun scope mount with a screw that goes down into the rear mount lug recess. They work well for a fixed scope mount, but aren't QR. I use the same ones on Valmet 412s, instead of the $200.00+ Valmet mounts.

Good Snag!
Posted By: 458Win Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 04/28/15
I had a set of Talley bases dovetailed into the rib on my Zoli double rifle and they work great

[Linked Image]
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 04/29/15
Good to know, Phil, and thanks. I like Zoli guns...the Antonio Zolis a bit more than the Angelos, but they all are good shooters.
Posted By: brayhaven Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 04/30/15
I agree the antonio zolis are much better made guns. I see a lot of zoli combos pretty cheap in Europe along with BRNO combo's. My German counterparts advise against them. I haven't imported any, preferring the German made guns. They call them "poor man's BBF" there.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 05/01/15
Mr. Phil,

What scope is that?

Thanks.
Posted By: 458Win Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 05/01/15
It used to be called the Leupold 2 1/2 compact but I think it's now called the FXII 2.5x20 ultralight. I have had one on my 458 for 30 years and can vouch for their ruggedness
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 05/02/15
Ought to hold up on my .45/70 then, if it's long enough to mount okay.

Hey, that's my coat! (Got the matching vest for Christmas)

Thanks again.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 05/06/15
I tried a Valmet scope mount on one, and it worked.

Co-worker pointed me in the direction of a gentleman that had a Valmet mount that he wasn't using or have plans for. I was able to grab it for $100.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 05/06/15
Thief!

...probably unrepentant, too... whistle
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Zoli Combo Gun - 05/07/15
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Thief!

...probably unrepentant, too... whistle

+1 on the unrepentant.

Negative on the thief part. laugh $100 was his idea, not mine. I wasn't gonna, and didn't, argue.
© 24hourcampfire