Home
Posted By: savage2400 12ga / 22 hi power combo - 07/17/16
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/570404470
I think this is a really interesting combo--its actually a Valmet 312 but it will accept barrels from both Savage 330,2400 and Valmet lion guns
Posted By: erich Re: 12ga / 22 hi power combo - 07/17/16
Those are nice guns and very versatile. Set it up with a choke tubed shotgun barrels and a bigger caliber double rifle barrels and you would have the perfect travel rig. I believe LtS had a Valmet set like that.

The separate barrels tend to hold point of impact for multiple shots where the joined barrels will have à tendency to walk the group as the rifle barrel heats up.

I do like the 22 Highpower round for coyote hunting and Buffalo Arms has a nice selection of .228 bullets from 45gr to 70g. I have a BRNO combination gun in the same 12ga/22 HP that I use for predator hunting.
I had one exactly like that one that but in 222 Rem I gave to a good friend and Campfire member last December. It had a great older Bushnell Scopechief 2.5-8 Command post mounted on it. It shoots little tiny bugger hole groups and points like a sweet upland bird gun...so I gave it away. crazy

Simpson Ltd has a couple for $695.00. I did keep the 312 12ga O/U I got (DT receiver) along with the 12/222 I gave away and have a very sweet Savage 2400 12/308 I got from a good friend/Campfire member. All barrels fit on all receivers.

These are great economical combo guns. cool cool
Paul took this piggy a few weeks after he got the gun.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire