Home
Posted By: luv2safari Kreighoff's First Blood - 09/03/16
There were plenty of birds, NV blue grouse, but the shooting was tough.

Owen and I got five rises of one to four birds on our short hunt today in the central NV high country, but we came home with only one bird, a nice young hen.

Owen and the dogs flushed three birds above me, and this one came by close enough for a good opportunity in an open area.

The 16/16/7X65R Dural Kreighoff Trumph handles like a light well-balanced double. laugh

Rosie was great at her first foray on wild birds, and our blues are wild and strong fliers. I thought I had cold cocked this bird, but I couldn't find it. Owen brought Rosie down off the hill, and she immediately acted birdy about 30' from where I was sure it went down. She dragged a flopping grouse out from under a sagebush I had walked by 4-5 times. wink

She is a natural with a very good nose and is worth training! I'll want a pup out of her for my grandson.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 09/03/16
l2s,

Thanks for the story, Always cool to hear about folks having fun with their classics. And so glad to hear Rosie is coming along! And the boy gets to do something enjoyable too.

Pretty special day I'd say,

Geno
Posted By: akjeff Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 09/03/16
Priceless man.............priceless!

Jeff
Excellent!!
Posted By: erich Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 09/04/16
Nice job. I've already have next Sept booked for hunting near Elko.
Posted By: diamondjim Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 09/08/16
Very cool Bruce. You do hunt with neat stuff. cool
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 09/12/16
I'm not able to do a whole lot anymore, Jim, so when I do, I like to use fun guns. wink
It always amazes me how these dogs can stay calm and on track with gun shots going off.
Good hunt, dog, gun, and the best partner, man. That is part of the good life.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 07/20/17
Good dogs and plenty of birds.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 07/21/17
[Linked Image]

Thanks Photopukit... sick

Imgur to the rescue. wink
The llewellins & the youngster look great. Can't say the same about the older fellow!! smile Is that Annie's litter mate?

Great photo, Bruce. That's what it's all about right there. Bob
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 07/21/17
Jenny , Annie's sister and sire BIG Rocky! shocked

Oh, and I don't know who that old geezer is??? confused
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Kreighoff's First Blood - 07/22/17
How nice!
© 24hourcampfire