Home
Posted By: New_2_99s Anzac Day 2015 - 04/24/15
"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."

"Lest we Forget" !
Posted By: Aussiejack Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 04/24/15
Here, here!

"Lest we forget"
Posted By: eh76 Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 04/24/15
Amen "Lest we forget"
Posted By: ingwe Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 04/24/15
+1+

Lest we forget some of the bravest of the brave....
Posted By: EdM Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 04/24/15
I was fortunate to experience two Anzak Days when living outside Brisbane and they were just outstanding. We lived in the suburb of Chelmer and the men would be out in full dress. We would meet first thing in the AM. A quiet event until noon. Then it became as festive as our Independence Day, barbies and beer...

Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 04/25/15
And the illegal game of "2 up" is played all day with no police interest.
Traditions are earned.

Lest We Forget.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 04/26/15
A bit late...

My late dad helped extract Australian coast watchers, when things would get too hot. He drank a LOT of beer with the ANZACs and sang "Friggin in the Rinnin" with them.

He sure had high respect for those guys.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 04/27/15
Originally Posted by EdM
I was fortunate to experience two Anzak Days when living outside Brisbane and they were just outstanding. We lived in the suburb of Chelmer and the men would be out in full dress. We would meet first thing in the AM. A quiet event until noon. Then it became as festive as our Independence Day, barbies and beer...

Hey Ed, I was born in Sherwood, 2 suburbs away !

When were you there ? We emigrated in 2005.
Posted By: zeissman Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 04/27/15
Huge turnout for the Dawn Parade in my small town. Hundreds of kids wearing their red poppies.

Lest We Forget.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 05/30/15
Didn't post it at the time... but since Anzac Day for the last month, 4 or 5 times a week I have been bringing up Redgum and the " I was only 19" Song...

Provides me with a lot of reverence for the many Australians and New Zealanders I knew in my younger years... and of all of the ANZAC Veterans of both World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and the Middle East...

Folks I have always looked at with respect and pride...

From a lowly American citizen... THANK YOU.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 06/02/15
smile Thanks Seafire,

Posted By: EdM Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 06/02/15
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by EdM

Hey Ed, I was born in Sherwood, 2 suburbs away !

When were you there ? We emigrated in 2005.

Paul,

Sorry as I just caught this. We were there Feb 2013 - June 2014. My assignment ended way too soon. We loved it.
Posted By: zeissman Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 06/03/15
Originally Posted by Seafire
Didn't post it at the time... but since Anzac Day for the last month, 4 or 5 times a week I have been bringing up Redgum and the " I was only 19" Song...

Provides me with a lot of reverence for the many Australians and New Zealanders I knew in my younger years... and of all of the ANZAC Veterans of both World Wars, Korea, Vietnam and the Middle East...

Folks I have always looked at with respect and pride...

From a lowly American citizen... THANK YOU.

Thank you Seafire.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 06/03/15
Cheers Ed,

Sure was a great area to grow up !

Lots of sports & nothing to leave on the pushie in the morning, meet up with some mates & not get home till dark30 !
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Anzac Day 2015 - 06/04/15
Never have known an ANZAC but in the many WWII films I have seen they always show a certain dash, and it's not just the hats, an electric attitude, can't describe it any other way but I know it when I see it.
© 24hourcampfire