Home
Posted By: coyote268 Lever actions - 06/29/15
Just asking, is it true that Lever action rifles are going to be banned. Must be a lot of Winchesters that no longer can be used if true. Sorry to see it for you folks if true.
Posted By: dingo Re: Lever actions - 06/29/15

It sounds like BULLSHIT to me ! You cant believe everything you read in the papers and see on TV.

Posted By: bobnob17 Re: Lever actions - 06/29/15
God Almighty Dingo, we have to mobilise regarding this one....
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Lever actions - 06/30/15
Originally Posted by dingo

It sounds like BULLSHIT to me ! You cant believe everything you read in the papers and see on TV.

Here you go, Dingo. Read all about it.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/ne...law-changes/story-fnkfnspy-1227414273228

L.W.
Posted By: Biebs Re: Lever actions - 06/30/15
Lever action shotguns?
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Lever actions - 07/01/15
Originally Posted by Biebs
Lever action shotguns?
Yup. It's a new model that's supposed to get around Australia's restriction on pump guns. I've read that it's about as fast to operate as a pump so the government wants it banned. A pic I saw of it had a short barrel, 18" at the most. It appears to be designed for defense, not hunting. I don't know if they make a sporting model.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Lever actions - 07/01/15
FROM THE ARTICLE - " ... Police are leading the push to “recategorise” lever-action into the restricted Category C gun class and away from the general Category A.

A senior government official ​said today the mooted change may be made retrospective, which could lead to a buyback of the thousands of lever-action rifles and shotguns already legally owned by Australian shooters."

The communistnazis who control Australia intend to ban 'em all, eventually.

Same thing here in the United States. Ban 'em all and confiscate them at the point of Big Brother's guns.

L.W.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Lever actions - 07/02/15
buy back? did the government own all the guns at some point?
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: Lever actions - 07/03/15
They wasted zillions buying guns then junked the lot.

Some were POS; but many beautiful firearms were destroyed.

All taxpayers money. Disgusting.
Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: Lever actions - 07/12/15
John Tingle of the Shooters Party negotiated with Premier Bob Carr to have lever actions removed from the original buy back draft.

At the time, John said Carr didn't know what a lever action was, so he had to demonstrate via cowboy usage.
© 24hourcampfire