Home
Posted By: DogLeg Chickens and gunfire - 02/12/24
I was thinking about getting one of those small portable chicken coops to see if we might enjoy it. I like to shoot in my back yard quite a bit during the summer and was wondering if this would have a detrimental effect on their egg laying? Does anybody know from experience?
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Chickens and gunfire - 02/12/24
They'll get used to anything.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Chickens and gunfire - 02/12/24
Years ago I was told to go catch and kill a chicken for Sunday dinner. I went into the coop and couldn't catch one. So I went and got the .410 an shot one inside the coop. No eggs for about a week and I had a sore butt for about the same amount of time
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Chickens and gunfire - 02/17/24
Mine don’t have a problem
Posted By: snoeproe Re: Chickens and gunfire - 02/17/24
My 410 single shot is my rooster shooter. When we have one to eliminate, he gets singled out into the pen, the hens stay inside the coop.
Posted By: MickinColo Re: Chickens and gunfire - 02/19/24
My chickens get use to noise. The only gunshots around here is with a PCP rifle. What they really hate is the lawnmowers, but they get use to them and calm down. After a while they'll stand by the pen fence waiting for the mower to throw grass cuttings to them.
Posted By: Troutnut Re: Chickens and gunfire - 02/19/24
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Years ago I was told to go catch and kill a chicken for Sunday dinner. I went into the coop and couldn't catch one. So I went and got the .410 an shot one inside the coop. No eggs for about a week and I had a sore butt for about the same amount of time
Now that's funny.
© 24hourcampfire