Home
Posted By: wabigoon Garden? - 02/29/24
Anyone have started any plants?
Posted By: dale06 Re: Garden? - 02/29/24
My son is in the business of growing and selling whole sale annuals and perrinnials. He has 1000s of vegetable and herb plants started in his basement under grow lights.
Posted By: 1beaver_shooter Re: Garden? - 03/01/24
Got the tater planted ,will get the onions this week, got most of the seeds bought will start on them after Easter
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Garden? - 03/01/24
I’ll be putting taters in in a few days.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Garden? - 03/01/24
Ordered seeds, but still have two feet of snow on the ground.
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Garden? - 03/01/24
April at the earliest.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Garden? - 03/02/24
Planted some green peas last week, along with some beets.
Posted By: Riverc Re: Garden? - 03/02/24
Been doing some prepping rain and a cool front shut me down for a few days still have 3 heads of cabbage yet to pick. Ordered some seeds today won't start planting till after easter this spring have a bad habit starting too early last spring lost all my cucumber and zucchini plants from a late hard freeze.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Garden? - 03/02/24
Got mine plowed did plant lettuce this week
Posted By: arky65 Re: Garden? - 03/02/24
Planted onions two weeks ago. Plowed the vegetable garden 3 weeks ago and sprayed pre emergent last week. Started the peppers, eggplant, cucumbers, squash, and tomato seeds last week.
I do not put the transplants in the ground till mid-April, after the last frost date. I have been burned too many times to put them in the ground before then.

Will most likely lose my plums as they are in full bloom now.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Garden? - 03/02/24
Not yet. Too early for purple hull peas. Some folks got potatoes in the ground.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Garden? - 03/03/24
It’ll be mid April before I plant taters btdt 😉
Posted By: patbrennan Re: Garden? - 03/03/24
Too early here. Maybe plant peas the start of April and potatoes mid April or so. Sometime a bit later this month I will put in another fruit tree, or two, and some bare root roses though! Cool here for the next week so I will wait til it warms a bit.
Started some seeds (flowers) inside last week. Will start tomatoes in a few weeks.
© 24hourcampfire