Home
Posted By: wabigoon Old Grader - 03/16/24
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Old Grader - 03/17/24
We had one just like that!!! Ours had steel wheels.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Old Grader - 03/17/24
That is how they graded the roads back then, horse with man running the grader.
Posted By: GWPGUY Re: Old Grader - 03/17/24
Mornin, we have one that's a bit bigger mounted on a short pedestal at our local township / community center. Which used to be the school I used to go to. Twp bought it back from the government for $1.00 and we've fixed it up for the locals to rent for private party's. Might be my age but I've only been there 4 or 5 times & every time was for a celibration of life. Hope it's quite awhile that I don't go again, one way or the other. GWPGUY. πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‘πŸ»
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Old Grader - 03/17/24
Our DOT had a fancy grader om display, I don't know why they removed it. Glaven Contrarian has one hitched to an international crawler tractor South of Bemidji, Minnesota.
Posted By: snoeproe Re: Old Grader - 03/21/24
My neighbor has a 4 wheeled one much like that (his is slightly larger). He has a very long driveway into his place and he uses it to maintain the driveway. Pulls it with his skid steer.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Old Grader - 03/22/24
I was working out of Rockford, Illinois several years ago and did a job south of town, about a 2 hr drive. In this lady's front yard was a grader hooked to a crawler tractor, on display in the yard. I asked about it and the lady said it was her late husbands, but she didn't want it and if I would haul it off, I could have it.

It was nice, but I didn't have any way to move it.
© 24hourcampfire