Home
Posted By: RIO7 turtles and cattle guards - 06/03/17
We have been building and replacing cattle guards for the last 3 weeks, that are old and really beat up from heavy traffic I have been going around and measuring and marking the changes we want with a rattle can of bright pink paint, forgot my can of paint at south east gate, We have a lot of turtles wandering around the ranch, the desert tortise type, that we try not to run over, my ranch hands decided they needed to be painted pink. for safety reasons.

Damned if we don't have pink turtles all over hell on the south ranch this morning, no wonder we can't get anything done around here. Rio7
Posted By: NTG Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/03/17
LOL! My father-in-law always quips, "good help is hard to find!"
laugh By the way, pink fades in the sun pretty quick to a pale yellow.
Posted By: mohick Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/03/17
Always think it is fun to paint them and see if-where they show up again !! distance is surprising sometimes!!!
Posted By: mohick Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/03/17
Always think it is fun to paint them and see if-where they show up again !! distance is surprising sometimes!!!
Those will give the hunters something to talk about come hunting season! smile

How many times do you think they'll come up and ask you if you know you have a pink turtle running around the ranch?
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/03/17
Too funny.

The Pink Turtle Ranch....sounds a little rainbow... smirk
Posted By: RIO7 Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/03/17
Ain't no rainbow's around here but we are covered up with pink turtles . Rio7
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/04/17
Pics?
Posted By: RIO7 Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/04/17
Can't get on photo bucket for some reason. Rio7
Posted By: trplem Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/05/17
Just remember if you've a ranch hand that comes across one of these pink turtles flipped over, its belly baking in the sun,and he doesn't help it, he is a replicant. Call the proper authorities immediately.
Posted By: chris112 Re: turtles and cattle guards - 06/06/17
If you don't want to hit them, then you have to know they are there. Just common sense.
Chris,

When you're driving down a two-track in that thick south Texas brush with hogs & deer everywhere, you tend to watch the sides of the road and not the road surface. Lots worse things happen when hitting pigs, Javelina, and deer (or being run into by them eek ). grin

In fact, a fella could just park his vehicle right on top of a 6' rattlesnake's tail and not know it until his passenger attempts a low-Earth orbit from the passenger seat of the open-sided Jeep... laugh

Ed

P.S., you're right, of course about being aware of what's in front of you...
© 24hourcampfire