Home
Posted By: Keeb Where'd They Go???? - 06/24/01
Can anybody in Michigan tell me where the fish went? [img]images/icons/crazy.gif" border="0[/img] Been searching Lake MI for the past four days and I havent been able to find them. I am beginning to think that Youper herded them all up to his neck of the woods. Tried again today for big fish and got skunked. So we rigged up and tried for perch and only got ten. Only heard of one big fish being caught all day on the radio. I could understand if we could find them on the graph and they wont hit, but jeepers creepers, we cant even find them on the graphs! Any one else in on the Great Lakes having any luck?<BR>Keeb
Posted By: J. Calhoun Re: Where'd They Go???? - 06/24/01
Keeb,<P>How's the weather been? I ask 'cause here it has been so hot, the water has gotten way too warm, and the fish have almost dissapeared, which is weird, 'cause how are they gonna get to the spawning grounds if they don't come into the rivers?<P>Anyway, hope it gets better,<P>John
Posted By: Keeb Re: Where'd They Go???? - 06/24/01
John,<BR> The weather has been warm the past couple of weeks (75-85 degrees). Last week the surface temp was 70 degrees. There was no real thermocline, but the fish were pretty active. The Lake "turned over" so the water got cold again(58-63 degrees) But the fish disappeared. We looked shallow for them, no good. Then we went deep, 200 to 300 feet of water. We normally try to look for a thermocline. If we can find a thermocline of about 45-55 degrees, normally that is where the fish are at. Cant even find a thermocline. Very wierd for this time of year. Oh well. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching! Good luck up there in AK.<BR>Keeb
© 24hourcampfire