Home
Posted By: bamagun01 Alabama rig works - 02/10/12
I went fishing today with a buddy of mine to see if the alabama rig works. We didn't kill'em but the day was a success. We caught about 10 bass and a few hybrid stripe in just a few hours. Here's a couple that we did release. The smallie weighed in at 4.10lbs.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: smalljawbasser Re: Alabama rig works - 02/10/12
it's been insane up here as well.
Posted By: BGunn Re: Alabama rig works - 02/10/12
Ordered 3 Alabama Rigs the other day to try them out on Lake Erie walleyes this coming summer..

Could be very interesting....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

take a single swimbait and fish down a stretch of good water.

turn around and go back through it with an alabama rig...
Originally Posted by BGunn
Ordered 3 Alabama Rigs the other day to try them out on Lake Erie walleyes this coming summer..

do you fish out of dunkirk and buffalo? i've made that trip a couple times. outstanding fishery.
Posted By: BGunn Re: Alabama rig works - 02/10/12
Actually from Barcelona to Buffalo. Barcelona is just a little west of Dunkirk, and the biggest fish usually come from there.
I can't wait to get back out on the water. A couple months of perch fishing, then the Walleyes, starting the first Saturday in May.
Dunkirk to Buffalo is also a small mouth bass paradise with 6 pounders being fairly common. Mark Zona did a show in that area, and after taping the show, his camera man landed a 8 pound small mouth !!
Posted By: Irving_D Re: Alabama rig works - 02/13/12
What is the Alabama rig?
Posted By: Landrum Re: Alabama rig works - 02/13/12

http://www.thealabamarig.com/

Originally Posted by Irving_D
What is the Alabama rig?
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Alabama rig works - 02/13/12
Illegal in Wisconsin...
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Alabama rig works - 02/13/12
And Utah...
Posted By: Flyfast Re: Alabama rig works - 02/18/12
Is it actually illegal, or is it the limit on the number of hooks per pole (limit is three in Cal). We've gotten around that by using a few swimbaits/softbaits on the Alabama rig or Yumbrella that have no hooks, while the prime spots have fully functioning baits.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Alabama rig works - 02/19/12
Utah says no more than two "lures" or hooks, Aand Wisconsin also refers to "baits" not just number of hooks...
Posted By: Flyfast Re: Alabama rig works - 02/19/12
laws more restrictive than California???? Say it ain't so!
© 24hourcampfire