Home
Posted By: Calhoun Docks.. - 07/15/14
Didn't come out too bad for a bunch of redneck fisherman. 20' one-piece dock floated on six 50 gallon plastic drums, built by one of the members who was a carpenter/contractor/etc.

Had the video going while that ladder was on the dock and the posts were being pounded in. I was sure somebody was going for a dunking! All good tho. Went well enough that a couple of the guys are thinking of building 10' dock sections and selling them on Craigslist. Wasn't really tough to do, though need about 7 or 8 guys to get it positioned in the water.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: pira114 Re: Docks.. - 07/18/14
Very nice! Got more pics?
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Docks.. - 07/18/14
Not yet. Planning on heading out tonight, so I'll snap a couple. Could probably post the plans also. About a 10' ramp needs to be added, but otherwise done. One of the guys added 2 more 30 gallon barrels to the shore end to keep the wood sides out of the mud without raising it too high to step onto.

Fished from the end of it Wednesday night for 30 minutes and caught a half dozen big, fat bluegill off the end while somebody was hammering putting on the last couple of deck boards. Very stable. Will make it much easier to climb in and out of the canoes/jon boats/small boats we use out there.

Ohhh.. need to pick up a couple cleats for the dock.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Docks.. - 07/22/14
I wish the docks around here were that high off the water it would make shooting a jig under them a lot easier. Nice little floating dock y`all got there.
© 24hourcampfire