Home
Several days ago I say an article on catfish in Chesapeake Bay. If I understood, the bay is overrun with blue cat and they are looking for ways to remove them. Seems the locals don't fish for them, consider them trash fish.

Anyone heard about this?
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Chesapeake Bay cat fish - 06/19/15
I believe its in the Potomac River that Maryland has declared Open Season on Blue cats.

I've not heard anything about the James other than a restriction on the number of fish over 32" a commercial fisherman can keep.

What I wrote above can be considered Hearsay at the moment, I've not done a lot to confirm what I've heard, but I'll keep my ears open and let you know. I didn't get to last year, but I live about 35 seconds from the James and fish it pretty hard for big Blues.

As soon as my boat is finished with it's annual maintenance, I'll be on the river and talking to regulars. I try to time that around the spawn, but I drug my feet too much to meet my target date of the 13th for resuming fishing.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Chesapeake Bay cat fish - 07/02/15
All you have to do is advertise in a catfish magazine and you will have cat fisherman there . Happy fisherman, a boost in restaurants and hotels and lots of good food. No way to loose. It wouldn't kill Wisconsin to plant some big old Blues in some of our flow ages like Winnebago and the Wisconsin river .
© 24hourcampfire