Home
My wife and I have caught our limit every day. It's a shame to throw back so many big legal crabs from pots that are over flowing. Limit ten per day, day six we have 60.

No more freezer space now! Gotta cook and shell them to get them to fit in the freezer. Most are a fair bit over legal size but about 30% are monsters. I wonder how long they can stay on ice?

I'll probably bring home the last couple days of crab in my live well with the aireator running.
I'll be right there! laugh
I'll bring the butter....
Our fingers are going to be pruned beyond recognition. Might have to install zirks on the crackers or run some nitrogen cooling through them.
Very cool. Every time I've done them we boiled them until they changed color in a big stock pot on a turkey fryer burner. Pulled them out and ripped the lids off, top of the shells, then scraped the lungs and innards out with a finger and snapped the bottom half with the legs on it in half before either eating or freezing. Usually eating smile.

Good buddy of mine used to sell them both live and in cooked clusters and I can honestly say I've had the privilege of eating crabs until I was sick of them. We finally stopped when he got the gout!
© 24hourcampfire