Home
Posted By: Dogshooter Trolling Swimbaits? - 05/28/16
Been pounding on the post-spawn Walleyes from shore on 3" and 4" swimbaits for the past couple weeks. They're starting move off the flats and into deeper parts of the lake, so it's time to get the boat out. I'm just wondering if/how guys are rigging 3"-5" rubber swimbaits (think Berkley Ripple Shad or Big Hammers) for trolling walleye (or even big trout).
Posted By: BobinNH Re: Trolling Swimbaits? - 05/30/16
dogshooter go to Tackle Wharehouse

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/sear...mp;opt_sort=alphaAtoZ&opt_perpage=20

Not many walleyes here but i fish lots of swim baits for large and small mouth bass in open lake environments. Walleyes will grab these too.

I like various underspins for added flash. Also look for swim bait jig heads, These will run straight at trolling speeds and there is a lot of variety in weights.

See no reason trout won't grab them too. We catch browns on them.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Trolling Swimbaits? - 05/30/16
They work fine on bottom-bouncer rigs, too. Instead of a worm harness, tie on a kahle or swim bait hook and rig the minnow as usual. Try with and without spinner blades; some days they want it subtle.
Posted By: JDK Re: Trolling Swimbaits? - 05/30/16
I use plain swim bait heads when I troll Berkeley Ripple Shads for Lake Trout. I use weighted worm hooks when I troll something like a Strike King Shadalicious.

© 24hourcampfire