Home
Me and my dad float the river every year around my birthday and to celebrate father's day. We usually put some stripes in the boat but only caught spots on this outing. The highlight of the trip, however, as strange as it sounds, was get attacked by a swarm of wasps. Only because it made such a funny video.
If you notice in the video, as I'm climbing up the log jam, you can see the wasp nest. I still don't know how I didn't see it.
My dad came over after seeing me bail in the water and batted a solid 1000 against the wasps haha. It was a great day on the river.
Your Dad batting them with a stick reminds me of being a kid and getting into a yellow jacket nest. Fun days.
Great video, nice job by dad getting rid of the wasps.
Got into a hornets nest in Eufala Alabama on my 16th birthday. Didn't go as good as yours, I ended up in the hospital and it was a bit of a close call...they got me good.
My dad said I should have a 16th birthday I'd always remember.

well...I did. eek

It left enough of an impression that I can't even watch your video.... cry
Originally Posted by RNF
Great video, nice job by dad getting rid of the wasps.

Thanks man. It was a day on the water I won't forget even had I not filmed everything.
A super soaker would have been perfect to shoot the wasp nest out with. River fishing in the summer is good stuff.

Did you do a metal detector video a while back?
Glad it turned out as well as it did. Was fishing Santee Cooper lakes some years ago when it was raining off & on. I cast next to a stump & hit a big hornets nest & a swarm came after me. Hauled a$$ in the boat & wind blew them off our raingear. No stings but it was a close call

Drifted into a hornets’ nest on the river today.

Right hand
[Linked Image]

Left hand
[Linked Image]

Dang it.

Ouch, got single stung yesterday in a long time and was reminded about the pain (albeit short term pain).
It'll feel better when it quits hurting.
You are a total asset to this forum. Long may you live. grin
Bourbon heals all woes.
Originally Posted by Ella

Drifted into a hornets’ nest on the river today.

Right hand
[Linked Image]

Left hand
[Linked Image]

Dang it.

I know how it feels brother!
good job capturing bass fishing on a small river in the summer heat

great video
© 24hourcampfire