Home
Posted By: Spotshooter Kansas catfishin' - 06/30/16
Well, i'm giving it a good run this year.

Got a nice 16 foot Jon boat with a 25 HP to the head jet drive that is mounted on a high stern so the head is on plane with the bottom of the boat. That way I can run in super shallow water. I have a humminbird Helix 5GPS fish finder with Chirp and GPS so I can map and run the channel when it gets dark, and I've got a spot light as well.

Gear wise-
Two Abu's 6500, and 7000 spooled with 65lb, and 80lb suffix 832 respectively.
I ordered a tournament set of Monster rod holders, so now all I need is a good river anchor, and one friggn' huge net to catch 'em.

smirk
Posted By: woodson Re: Kansas catfishin' - 06/30/16
Sounds like you're ready. Tough to beat a nice 16' with a 25 on it.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Kansas catfishin' - 06/30/16
My wife's very first catfish. 46.5 pounds caught at Chickamauga lake in east Tennessee last month. She caught it on a medium spinning outfit with 10 pound test line.

Attached picture small catfish file.JPG
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Kansas catfishin' - 06/30/16
Dang - nice work...
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Kansas catfishin' - 06/30/16
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
My wife's very first catfish. 46.5 pounds caught at Chickamauga lake in east Tennessee last month. She caught it on a medium spinning outfit with 10 pound test line.

I've never even seen one that big!
Posted By: BGunn Re: Kansas catfishin' - 06/30/16
Wow... NICE !!!
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Kansas catfishin' - 07/02/16
I bet that was a drag-burner of a fight!

46.5 lbs. is no slouch, congrats on that one!
Posted By: powdr Re: Kansas catfishin' - 07/02/16
Spotshooter, don't forget to pick up a 10ft casting net so you can catch some fresh shad. powdr
Posted By: Judman Re: Kansas catfishin' - 07/03/16
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
Well, i'm giving it a good run this year.

Got a nice 16 foot Jon boat with a 25 HP to the head jet drive that is mounted on a high stern so the head is on plane with the bottom of the boat. That way I can run in super shallow water. I have a humminbird Helix 5GPS fish finder with Chirp and GPS so I can map and run the channel when it gets dark, and I've got a spot light as well.

Gear wise-
Two Abu's 6500, and 7000 spooled with 65lb, and 80lb suffix 832 respectively.
I ordered a tournament set of Monster rod holders, so now all I need is a good river anchor, and one friggn' huge net to catch 'em.

smirk

Damn wish we had cats that big over here!! Nice work!
© 24hourcampfire