Home
We don't usually run a go pro but every now and then we have one running when it counts

This was a solid 42 from a small local stream.

http://vid1191.photobucket.com/albu...F-4604-9AB0-05F4329367D8_zps64aapvm7.mp4
Here's what she looks like[Linked Image]
A 12 second fight for a fish that size?
In the muskie world we stress a quick net job with as little as a fight and outa the water time as possible. Muskies will fight with everything they have and In warm water this is really hard on the fish. Easy way to kill them. We don't always get them in the net this quickly though. This one just happned to be fighting his way toward the boat instead of away from it. Doesnt always work that way. But the sooner we get the fish in the net, the better off that fish will be and someone else can catch it.
I wondered about that too...wouldnt want to handle one that green but Im sure they are like pike...wear a big one out and resuscitation is iffy, and lengthy at best..Plus you can't afford to be killing the big females...
Bingo ingwe.

There ain't nothing to it , gettem unhooked and get a good tight gill hold and they settle right down. Between the 3-4 guys I fish with and myself we put 50-100 fish a year in the boat between us. If it didn't work we wouldn't do it

Yourube muskie fishing. You will see every single video of quick net jobs, minimal out of water time and good releases
Hawg an absolute hawg, gorilla, mule, pig, whatever you want to call it. It's a good fish.

Congrats...again. That one didn't realize what was happening to it till it was too late.
Beautiful fish handled well.
Seal- come on up some time. Between the creeks or the lake we can get slimed.

Thanks for the comments fellas. Anyone who is a muskie fisherman pays their dues every day they get out on the water. It's seldom ever easy. Fall is right around the corner. Hopefully there will be some pics of some bruisers here in the few coming months.

Don't threaten me with a good time! I'll show up on your door step. I have a reel but still need a rod. I will gladly come and fish with you. You need to come down in may next spring and fish the sunfish spawn with me. I guarantee it will be fun. While not as big as your quarry but the size of the redears are approaching slab crappie size! I caught several 13" redears last may.
The offer stands anytime man.

I could defintley be up to comin down and catching some panfish. Ain't a thing wrong with that.
© 24hourcampfire