Home
Posted By: dvdegeorge Kings starting to stage - 08/24/16
Love this time of the year we caught 3 majors yesterday and lost a couple...19,24,and this fatty 28lber

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/24/16
DUDE! laugh

I think you suck more every year.
Posted By: powdr Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/24/16
George, are they good to eat? If so, how do you prepare them? What body of water is that? That's a pig. powdr
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/24/16
Originally Posted by powdr
George, are they good to eat? If so, how do you prepare them? What body of water is that? That's a pig. powdr

laugh See their filets advertised locally for $20/lb, whatever that means. grin

(They are great, fresh. They're also great dried and smoked which is what we did with the dozen or so we put away this summer.)
Posted By: powdr Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/24/16
Thanks Klik. Just ignorant about that way up North stuff. powdr
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/25/16
Good to eat I don't care for salmon myself but friends and family do. Lake Ontario
[Linked Image]
Posted By: LouisB Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/26/16
Looks great, on the hoof and in the vacuum sealed bags.
Some great eating I'm guessing
Posted By: logger Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/26/16
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by powdr

laugh See their filets advertised locally for $20/lb, whatever that means. grin

(They are great, fresh. They're also great dried and smoked which is what we did with the dozen or so we put away this summer.)

I Columbia River springer will bring about $30 - $35 per pound and is great table fare. So much fat that it's as if you cooked them in butter.
We were just wondering today if to her were any kings on the east coast..
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/27/16
The DEC recommends you don't eat them.......thanks Kodak. Most people don't realize the world record coho is from NY. :-)
Posted By: Judman Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/31/16
Damn nice work!!
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: Kings starting to stage - 08/31/16
Originally Posted by logger

I Columbia River springer will bring about $30 - $35 per pound and is great table fare. So much fat that it's as if you cooked them in butter.

A nice side of king, 'baked' - ultimately deep fried in it's own grease- often ends up in a half inch of oil in the baking dish. That's when you know those ocean-caught fish were destined for points well up the Yukon. laugh
© 24hourcampfire