Home
Posted By: Frm Montana Flathead Lake - 09/23/16
Any fishing opportunities on or near Flathead Lake? I'll be there the first week of November. Any recommendations for a guide?
Thanks, Mike C
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Montana Flathead Lake - 09/24/16
Lake trout will be near the shores and easy to catch in Nov. Headed there now.
Posted By: Frm Re: Montana Flathead Lake - 09/24/16
Let me know how you do and what you use. I will be grateful for any help .. Good luck Fair Chase!
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Montana Flathead Lake - 09/24/16
Lake trout are not hard to catch, just hard to find sometimes. In the fall I catch 4-5/hr. Today was special. Caught my largest ever at 38". Check out mackdays.com for lots of great info.
Posted By: Frm Re: Montana Flathead Lake - 10/17/16
Fair Chase,
Are you still hitting the water and, if so, what are you using and catching? Mike C
Posted By: FAIR_CHASE Re: Montana Flathead Lake - 10/17/16
Rain has made it difficult to get on the big water but managed a few days. Primarily using a hootchie with a spinner and locally made cut bait down about 100' close to bottom until water tamps get closer to 50F then shallower and change tactics. I average around 5/hr. Guys that catch the big numbers general jig over humps/drop-offs. Most are 3-6 pounds but we catch the occasional big ones. Largest this Fall for me is 38" and 24lbs+. I smoked a bunch each year and give most away. I think they turn out quite good since I am usually asked for more.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

© 24hourcampfire