Home
Posted By: Big Sky A Cold Day in Heaven - 01/07/17
One of the nice things about fishing when others don't want to play outside is that you can have the water basically to yourself. I kind'a like that. I also love the fact that we have open water around here year-round thanks to a few dams on the Missouri River. The only bummer about this whole thing is that it took place on my first day of Christmas vacation from the school. I woke the next morning with the flu and got knocked off my feet hard for the remainder of the break. In fact, I'm still pretty sick but managing to survive at work...barely. I suck at being sick and I will be really glad when this passes all the way through my system.

These fish are so darn nice looking in the winter and boy do they ever fight! Caught on a marabou jig.
[Linked Image]

The markings on these fishing really vary.
[Linked Image]

What cold winter's day would be complete without my favorite kind of brownies? Actually caught this one on a glass minnow jig instead of a marabou.
[Linked Image]

Long skinny guy. I can certainly think of much worse ways to spend a cold winter's day.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TomM1 Re: A Cold Day in Heaven - 01/07/17
Nice fish, love winter trout fishing as well. Usually a bit slower than other times, but the size of the ones I do catch make up for it.
Posted By: LouisB Re: A Cold Day in Heaven - 01/07/17
I know about the Flu for Christmas vacation.

Nice fish though!
Posted By: Creeker Re: A Cold Day in Heaven - 01/08/17
Winter fishing is good.
Posted By: VernAK Re: A Cold Day in Heaven - 01/09/17
The colors are gorgeous.....good pics!
Posted By: ipopum Re: A Cold Day in Heaven - 01/09/17
Fished below Holter?
Posted By: rong Re: A Cold Day in Heaven - 02/13/17
those are some beauties,looks like some fun was had.
Posted By: ingwe Re: A Cold Day in Heaven - 02/13/17
NICE! laugh
Posted By: kingston Re: A Cold Day in Heaven - 02/13/17
Great day!
© 24hourcampfire