Home
Posted By: wabigoon How many boats are too many? - 03/06/17
I think a boat for every purpose is just right.

I only have about five, and of course, am still looking for another, (blush).

Any confessions to make?
Depends on what your definitions of a boat are! Thinking I have 6 ! Including canoes, Kayaks, inflatables
Errr... welllll.....how 'bout never enough? Or better stated: "just one more". Sorta like huntin' rifles and fishin' rods...
One.
48' Landing Craft, twin 4-71 Detroits

32' Gillnetter, 430hp Volvo

21' Lake Boat, 130hp

18' Lund, 50hp

2 18' Jetboats, 40hp

Pike fishing boat, 15hp

3 Kayak's

Canoe

Way too many!!
When you have to rent storage space for the last one, that's too many.
Posted By: pal Re: How many boats are too many? - 03/27/17
40' sailboat, 22' fishing boat, 16' canoe, 9' inflatable (n/s) + a Fishcat4.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A lake Michigan rig , a smaller lakes rig, a river rig ( Jon Boat) a small river rig (small Jon boat) a long haul canoe and a beater canoe. , so , 6 is what I need but only have four. I am lacking a Lake Michigan rig due to cost and an 18' Jon Boat for bigger rivers.
I'm looking to add a Naden 12' to the stable, sort of a cartopper. For those lakes that need a skyhook to get into.
Originally Posted by waterrat
48' Landing Craft, twin 4-71 Detroits

I bet that's stealthy! I can hear those Detroits screaming from here.
Last year I had three,now I'm down to one and it takes care of my fishing needs.

[Linked Image]
[s][/s]Wow, some serious water craft here!

Just a 20' Crestliner with a 150 Yamaha and a FishCat 4 like Pal shows but have also been thinking of one of those one-person, double pontoon rigs for fishing small bodies of water when I don't care to dangle myself in that chilly, early spring water.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm looking to add a Naden 12' to the stable, sort of a cartopper. For those lakes that need a skyhook to get into.

Wabigoon, have you ever thought of one of those I mentioned above -- a one-man, double pontoon "Basser" for those northern, forest-hemmed lakes? Can be taken down and can be well under a 100lbs..
Posted By: pal Re: How many boats are too many? - 04/03/17
Another reason for something you can row, over a Fishcat, is when the wind suddenly springs up, pushing you away from your vehicle. A couple times I wasn't sure I could get back with just swim fins.
Idk. I have 2 Jon boats, 3 canoes, a poke boat, a layoutboat, a 20 mariner, a 30 evinrude, a 15 evinrude, a 3.5 Johnson, a old evinrude Zephyr 30s or 40s model and a 40 evinrude tiller steer. I have the latest Jon boat for sale with the 30. I wheel and deal and trade a lot but most of the ones are permanent fixtures. I want a gheenoe right now.
All depends on who you ask.
Too many boats? The wife said two was too many. "You're starting a @#$% marina!".
Sold the sailboat, bought a generator. Win/win.
© 24hourcampfire