Home
Daughter and me go every year, It's a great time. Of course I let her catchem all.."and she thought we were just fishin" Trace Adkins

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Man you're killin' me with fresh seafood pics! cry

Looks like you both had a great time! Kudos!
I think folks missed your reference to the Song.

Yes fishing is part of it.

You are a Man of great RICHES.
Nice
Miss fishing reds and trout down there
Going back in October with a bud, Hope the reds will be schoolin up. Trust me I won't let him catchem all! The best part IS takin the fillets to the restaurant and letting them work thier magic, plus some cold beers....YUMMMMMYYY

LouisB, thanks for the kind words. I take her hunting and fishin every chance I get. She's 21 and will be off and married someday.
I gotta enjoy every chance!
I've been to SPI and Port Aransas and haven't caught anything like that. Nice.
I'm only about 45 minutes away from SPI. Where were ya'll eating?
Sweet!
Looks like a real good time. Not a big fisherman but would love to do a trip like that once.
Buzzsaw,
That looks like a little slice of Heaven....sigh

Both you and Leighton have way too good a time fishing and eating smile

Thanks for posting the story and pics!!

Johnny $
Looks like the Sea Food resturaunt on the docks on SPI. Dirty Al's if I remember right. Great food!
Originally Posted by 58gscott
Looks like the Sea Food resturaunt on the docks on SPI. Dirty Al's if I remember right. Great food!

Nope. Sea Ranch Restaurant

She's not wearing a ring neither, just an observation to those that care. Snicker.
I have a cousin that lives in Mathis, Texas that I plan to visit this spring. He said that he would take me bay fishing while there. What time this Spring would most likely be the best? I know that I will have to work with his schedule and he has a race car, but would like some rough info. miles
Spring Break is the best time for fresh "feesh"....
I apologize in advance for hijacking the thread but my wife was just offered a good job in Harlingin TX. She would not need to live in the area. I was looking at SPI. I live in MI and live to fish and hunt. Actually I live near Saginaw Bay. One of the best walleye fisheries in the world.

What can anyone tell me that would help me make the decision good or bad? The money she is offered would help me forget MI quite quickly. I hunt the west and midwest now. Looks like the fishing is great. What should I expect about hunting deer in TX?
What should I expect about hunting deer in TX?

There is a great many deer in Texas......but no free hunting as I was accustomed to in Minnesota and Wisconsin and the one time I hunted Michigan.....in Texas everyone wants to be paid a day lease....

In Texas a good many ranchers hate the hogs...but damn if they will let you come to their place and shoot them.....free....
kingfisher, you would be living near one of the most unique saltwater fisheries in the World. Both the Texas and Mexico coast offer very uniqie oppurtuinity.

While there is limited public hunting in Texas, South Texas is home to the Golden Triangle of Whitetail hunting, known as "Muy Grande" country. There is no doubt that while living in that area one could surely find a place to hunt!

If your a bird hunter, well Harlingen is Whitewing heaven, also Duck hunting along the lower Texas coast can be as good as it gets anywhere.
Kingfish, you will be at the heart of the wonderful and bontiful King Ranch and others similar but not as large. SPI is best beach in Texas by far. My fam spends a week every summer and only 90 days and counting. Only a five hour drive and that is close enough.

Note: Living close to the mex border can be complex these days so beware why some are paying big bucks for good help.

yep glass marked with Sea Ranch Restaurant in the bar aarea and by the way they do have the best oysters rockefeller on the island. Trust me I have tried them all.
Very nice buzzsaw. Thanks for sharing and is that the Parrot Eyes you were fishing out of? Just looks to be a familiar background in the pic with the big red and your daughter. Thanks for sharing. A big S. Texas yeeeeeeeeeha to you and the pretty lady.
© 24hourcampfire