Home
My brother and I are interested in trying an inshore trip there. Primary target would be roosterfish, but snook, tarpon, etc. would be of interest as well.
A few years back.....

You don't say when......what time of year?

The waters getting warm from here on out and CR is usually better in winter months.

CR is getting spendy also.......

If I were going in winter months, I'd go for Panama. I'm going in ten days and will go to LaPaz, Baja where all the record rooster fish come from. Another great near shore fish is the Cubera Snapper.....very challenging and great eating.
We are thinking sometime in 2015. The only thing I know right now is that January, February and April will not work for me schedule wise due to previous commitments. We just hit on this idea during our current trip, so I know very little about roosterfish. Panama, Costa Rica, La Paz, doesn't matter, we just want to catch a few. I guess that Costa Rica was initially attractive because of the other inshore species available there.
PM sent
Wife and I went in Jan 2103 but we chartered a boat and fished for sailfish and marlin. Had a blast and caught lots of fish. Reasonable prices but HOT weather.
Our only complaint was most of the local food was pretty bland.
fish the Pacific side-water, and fish are much better than Atlantic. I stayed and fished Zancodos. May havae changed owners. Food was great-what ever was caught/
Posted By: Tuco Re: Has anyone fished Costa Rica? - 08/10/14
I travel to CR frequently and have fished there a good many times over the years. As reelhook noted, the Pacific Coast, particularly Guanacaste Province, is productive for tuna, wahoo, marlin, and sailfish. Charter prices are reasonable. To the north, in Nicaragua, snook and tarpon fishing is good.

If you're inclined to PM me, I'll send you some contact information in CR.
headed to CR in the morning.....
Fished Los Suenos last Feb and also saw the volcano. It is truly paradise.
We caught over 40 sails in 3 days of fishing. Would love to go back.

[Linked Image]
I'm headed down in December
Been almost 20 years since I was there.
Last time was in July and caught sailfish,tuna and a striped marlin
Anyone know how the billfishing is in the middle of Dec.?
I'm gonna book a charter for myself for a day
Game FisherII out of playa Flamingo
Tarpon /Snook East coast, billfish/roosters-West coast. Fished both preferred tarpon at Bara Colorado from "Casa Mar Lodge".-Muddy
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
I'm headed down in December
Been almost 20 years since I was there.
Last time was in July and caught sailfish,tuna and a striped marlin
Anyone know how the billfishing is in the middle of Dec.?
I'm gonna book a charter for myself for a day
Game FisherII out of playa Flamingo

We have fished with Richard on the GF II before. You won't find a better captain on the west coast of CR. Sailfish on the fly is his specialty, don't leave there w/out catching one with a fly rod!
I fished with Richard back in 1996 he is the best!Junior is great also
Had a great day fishing south of Flamingo with Skeet Warren on the Bushwacker a 42 ft Betram

Caught 6 Dorado a Blue Marlin and raised a few more fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Sweet!
love dolphin when they light up
© 24hourcampfire