[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Good eats! - 06/08/14
Great looking family!

Tasty vittles for sure!
Posted By: eh76 Re: Good eats! - 06/17/14
Excellent!
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Good eats! - 06/17/14
Looks like a great day on some beautiful water!
Posted By: raghorn Re: Good eats! - 06/17/14
We are having a ball!
Been a couple more times and the all are loving it!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We were not the only ones fishing!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Calvin Re: Good eats! - 06/18/14
Eating fresh black bass is one of my favorite eats. Sooooo good. Better than halibut. Just don't freeze em too long, as they start to taste like fish.
Posted By: raghorn Re: Good eats! - 06/18/14
We've ben working them over pretty heavy both in catching and eating.
We fried ling last night and that stuff is GOOD!
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Good eats! - 06/18/14
I don't think I've ever had a bad day on the water. Sure, some where I've driving each and every wave for an hour or two strait, or my hands are numb from wind driven rain, but it's still better than being on land.

Last summer the boys and I fried up our catch of black bass right on the beach.

[Linked Image]

Only topped by the previous nights dinner of fresh shrimp tacos and ceviche on the boat.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Calvin Re: Good eats! - 06/19/14
Most people don't even know how good fresh seafood is. My wife, a city slicker, hated salmon before I married her. Her first fresh, same day king changed that opinion mighty fast. I can hurt myself on fresh king/halibut/rockfish/shrimp/crab.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Good eats! - 06/19/14
Fresh is absolutely the finest there is. Frozen sucks. Heck even a brook trout out of the water into the frying pan is light years better than later and especially frozen and thawed.

Thanks for the pictures gentlemen.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Good eats! - 06/19/14
My kids are pretty good eaters, but I think they've been spoiled. They'll pick at salmon that's been frozen for a few months, but nobody complains about salmon that's grilled the same day we caught it.

Note to self, finish rewiring the trailer lights and replace the transducer on the boat and go fishing. City life has been placing a major crimp on my Alaskan life this summer, need to change that.
Posted By: raghorn Re: Good eats! - 06/19/14
Butter coated baked Hali and bass last night half seasoned Cajun and the other half lemon pepper
None was left!
Posted By: ihookem Re: Good eats! - 08/02/14
Originally Posted by Calvin
Most people don't even know how good fresh seafood is. My wife, a city slicker, hated salmon before I married her. Her first fresh, same day king changed that opinion mighty fast. I can hurt myself on fresh king/halibut/rockfish/shrimp/crab.

Ya can say that again. I never even freeze fish anymore. I just eat it the same or next day. In Wisconsin A " Friday night fish fry " is a big deal. It came from the abundance of lake perch from Lake Michigan. Back then it was fresh. Now there is no real perch numbers in the lake so thye all went to cod and Haddock. I , for the life of me can't figure out what the big deal is about that terrible fish , froen for 6 months , thawed out and fried with grease. YUCK. Everyone else thinks it's good. I eat it once a year cause I forget how bad it is. I have eaten fresh fish , 2 times a day for a week and still liked it.
© 24hourcampfire