Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The E-Tips are available in the Nosler store right now! They are first come first serve so get them now.

http://www.nosler.com/index.php?p=11&b=5&s=140

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BP-B2

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The E-Tips are available in the Nosler store right now! They are first come first serve so get them now.

http://www.nosler.com/index.php?p=11&b=5&s=140

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not cheaper than the Partition. A little steeper than anticipated.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Priced right "up" there with Barnes.

Were so spoiled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pop, thanks for the headsup. Just got my order in.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
UPS shipping for ONE BOX one state over to MT was over $12... forget it.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
DDP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
$36 + $12 shipping... $48 a box... TSX I'm coming home baby.

To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good results from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation. ~Gordon B. Hinckley
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Exactly, with those prices forget it...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bludog
Not cheaper than the Partition. A little steeper than anticipated.

I thought so also but......

On the same web page /link, look at the "Nosler Shop" Partition prices for 30 cal 180. They are 2-3 bucks cheaper than the E-tips. Now look at midway for the NP's price add 2 bucks and that is what the E-tip will cost you when they hit the streets in numbers.

Go to Hornady and price their bullets also, same deal way more than Midway and others. I think it is the MSRP thing and they sell them at that price.

BTW great write up on this bullet in SEP issue Shooting Times.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Anyone know what the BC is supposed to be on those?

Yep, I'll wait until they are here locally to give them a try.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gmoney
Exactly, with those prices forget it...

I thought so also but......

On the same web page /link, look at the "Nosler Shop" Partition prices for 30 cal 180. They are 2-3 bucks cheaper than the E-tips. Now look at midway for the NP's price add 2 bucks and that is what the E-tip will cost you when they hit the streets in numbers.

Go to Hornady and price their bullets also, same deal way more than Midway and others. I think it is the MSRP thing and they sell them at that price.

BTW great write up on this bullet in SEP issue Shooting Times.

as far as BC

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DDP
... TSX I'm coming home baby.

Unfortunately the TSX and the new TTSX (see below) will always be plagued with the copper problems that we all know about. The thing I love about the E-tip it's jacket contains Zinc so it shoots, produces pressure, fouls, and has the same accuracy traits as a cup/core slug.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/resources/newsletters/bullet-n-archive/august-2007-barnes-bullet-n/

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

DDP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love it when marketing is based on 'examples of one'... give it a couple of years and thousands of critters, then we'll see what they're really worth. They're cool looking, that's for sure... and a great concept. But based on the above pictures I think the expanded TSX with pettals missings is a better way to have a projectile end up. I find it' rather ironic that Nosler has chosen to use that image of the TSX bullet as a negitive, when their flagship Partition almost always ends up EXACTLY the same way... front section missing and 60-70% of the shank doing the remaining work. Anyone else notice that? ~JT

To rear children in an atmosphere of love, security, and faith is the most rewarding of all challenges. The good results from such efforts becomes life's most satisfying compensation. ~Gordon B. Hinckley
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by POP
Originally Posted by DDP

Unfortunately the TSX and the new TTSX (see below) will always be plagued with the copper problems that we all know about. The thing I love about the E-tip it's jacket contains Zinc so it shoots, produces pressure, fouls, and has the same accuracy traits as a cup/core slug.

http://www.barnesbullets.com/resources/newsletters/bullet-n-archive/august-2007-barnes-bullet-n/

[Linked Image]

Dude.................

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
DDP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He's a moderator over on the Nosler site...

POP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by POP
Originally Posted by DDP

[Linked Image]

Dude.................

DUDE?

I do not get it. ?????

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I getting sick of trick bullet BS. Speer Hotcors have never failed me even on some tough shots as long as I picked the right weight. I have used the Partitions some but I just don't need what they are trying to sell.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

DDP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What Steelie is saying is: he...nor I... nor most everyone who's shot the TSX... has experienced any 'copper problems'. Barnes pretty much licked that with the TSX, the XBT was bad, but the TSX actually fouls less than the Nosler Ballistic Tips I shoot out of my .280AI. By that rational... the E-Tip, with its guilding metal construction, should foul more in my rifles than the TSX. Correct?

CAS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pop, do you work for Nosler?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pop,

Dude,

How many E-tips have you shot? How many TSX's?

Enthusiasm is fine, but "dude", is right. Let's at least attempt some objectivity..... JMO, Dutch.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
677 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 81 invisible), 2,895 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.