Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2389949 08/24/08
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Been putting up some refridgerator pickles,this afternoon,...after a LONG morning mowing on my place, and a neighbors,.......Figured I'd do a little "Actual Stovetop" work while lurking in the kitchen,....a break from crock pot and grilling everything .................
.......just did a general cleanup out in the Veg Garden, Heavy on birdstruck, almost overripe Tomatos,....and some little peaches that stayed small and put on real thick skins ( really SWEET though). The peppers are my own Yellow wax,easily adjusted for heat level by leaving in or removing seeds,.....grilled with seeds in they'll start a fire,....seeded and stewed / souped like this they are really subtle and delicate. First pick offa' second bean patch,.....Bush Goliaths that'll run into Oct / Nov. First crop looks like crap ( Grasshoppers and beetles both this year)....while looking like crap still bearing like crazy,......it does seem that older vines put out tougher beans,....?

The Onions and Sweet Basil, and Garlic all grown here, too.

The Andouille Sausage is from that displaced Coon-ass out in Cal.......he knows his business,....he should be proud of his product,.....

It all came together kinda sweet,....so I decided that it would be soup,.....added some lentils, and poured in a bottle'a "2 buck Chuck" Cabernet.....to give it a little dryness.

It's good,......with some fresh prairie bread, butter, and a German beer.

Life is good.

GTC

[Linked Image]

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
grin grin grinLiving well is ALWAYS the best revenge!!!! grin grin grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reminds me of the stuff my brothers and I used to bring in from the garden when we were kids. Looks great.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,252
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.