Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by T LEE
.........skidded like a hockey puck for almost 50 yards across an asphalt parking lot! Naturally it ended up in the geometric center of a low slung sports car and I got soaking wet retrieving it.
LMAO... 'There oughta be a law'...

laugh laugh laugh

Actually, I did my first CC gaffe lust last Saturday.. I was heading into the Shot Paul/Murderapolis area and normally carry one of two handguns.. For some reason I decided to use my Kimber instead..

Long story short, when I got back home and took off the unit, I found out I forgot to load the magazine; gun had NO ammo at all!.. I carried a totally worthless handgun around all day... What a moron.....

We had a deputy here (AND NO! IT WAS NOT ME!) that didn't reload his service revolver after cleaning it at a quarterly qualification, good thing we were a really quiet jurisdiction in them days, he didn't realize it till the next qualification. HE CARRIED IT FOR 3 MONTHS EMPTY!!!!!!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sheesh, guys, I'm feeling a little wounded with this "moron" talk. I carry an unloaded handgun quite often... blush

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
John Farnam did training for the New York Police Department back in the '80's. He began by reviewing their current policies and procedures. There were very strict rules and penalties concerning loaded firearms (when they can be loaded, when they should be unloaded, etc.) He found that the constant loading and unloading caused a whole lot more ND's than should be. But the scary part was this: At the time, NYPD had 40,000 officers and at any time, over 3,000 were walking around with UNLOADED weapons.

Oh Redneck -

I used to keep my 4" Anaconda loaded with .44 Special Silvertips as my house gun. After sitting for well over a month, I took it out only to discover that it had a broken firing pin. Only went click (something about the loudest sound??).

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by KevinGibson

Oh Redneck -

I used to keep my 4" Anaconda loaded with .44 Special Silvertips as my house gun. After sitting for well over a month, I took it out only to discover that it had a broken firing pin. Only went click (something about the loudest sound??).

That would be mildly disconcerting to say the least!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can raise my hand and confess to a bathroom stall "clatter" from my Hungarian PA-63 in 9 Mak. I departed one of those nylon sack IWB pieces of trash the moment my pants passed my knees. Lucky it didn't splash! Finally found a molded nylon holster for it (hardly anybody makes ANYthing for 'em) but still draw it and place it somewhere before I unfasten my belt!

BTW, back when public toilets still had flush levers, I used to hang it by the trigger guard over the lever - hard to forget it that way. These days, there simply IS no good place to put it while I'm on a sit-down mission. I've hung it on the coat hook when there is one, but if there isn't...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm SO glad that's his story and not mine!

Sure it's not. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carry a J frame S&W in my front pocket as a backup...plus many times becuase of my attire I can't really wear a belt etc....so then it's the primary.

On more than one occasion while paying for something I'll dig thru my pockets looking for cash/keys/change and pulled out the pistol in it's little half holster and laid it on a counter top.

Nobody has said anything yet...but I live out in the sticks.

The worst one I know didn't happen to me but someone I know. This was way way back before CCW laws and permits. You just carried if you wanted for the most part. Anyway he went to the beach and had a gun in the small of his back. I'm not even sure what type of pistol he had.

Anyway he walked by a group of guys on the beach and they were hassling him and threatening him and his S/O. He passes them and one of them chunks a beer bottle at him.

He reached around to secure his firearm. He said he was just going to grab it and leave it there just in case.

A shot rang out and he got shot in the ass. He drew down on the group and they scattered quick. Beach patrol came and took him to the hospital. Minor wound.

Turns out he shot himself in the ass.

Last edited by NathanL; 11/18/08.

Otto is my co-pilot.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ClydeM70

Oh Redneck -

That would be mildly disconcerting to say the least!
A TRUE understatement... LMAO...

This is a great reminder to take all one's handguns out once in a while and ensure everything functions correctly.. Punching a lot of holes in paper can be fun anyway, so why not do it??

Soon as my workload eases a bit by next weekend, I'll be firing all of 'em...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
THANK THE LORD I have never shot myself, hearing stories like that is what keeps me on my toes.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And it keeps your toes on you!

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ditto on the bathroom stall "clatter". The pistol slid into the next stall and was kicked back to mine.

What, no stories about your pistol sliding down the crack of your ass and snaking down a pant leg while you are standing in a crowd? Naw, that would NEVER happen. At least, not again. whistle

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NathanL
On more than one occasion while paying for something I'll dig thru my pockets looking for cash/keys/change and pulled out the pistol in it's little half holster and laid it on a counter top.

Back in the day I tended bar for extra cash (baby needs a new pair of shoes). It was a pretty tough working class bar and a few times during fights a handgun would go skittering across the floor. I never saw a handgun drawn in the place or worried about it - bar fights back then were more straight-up than now.

At least once a week some guy digging in his pockets for change would plop a handful of coins and loose cartridges on the bar. I'd pick through the change and .45 ACP to come up with enough money for another shot of Jim Beam. I never thought anything of it back then.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ummm, well, now that you mention it, Bend...there was that time at a posh Junior League fund raiser that a certain little .22 semi-auto raced down the Boxer Highway and took the pants leg exit to Shreikville.

I don't think we were ever asked back, though. So there's good news in everything, huh?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Not a CCW gaffe.....nevertheless....

The local gun range (where I am a paid member) works with the county sheriff and often closes down so LE can hold qualifications, etc.... The club posts the dates in advance, along with the time the range will reopen. One such day was held last spring, and the range was supposed to re-open at 12 noon. I arrived shortly thereafter and began hauling my range bag and a double gun case to the benches. LE was down range, gathered around the 50 yard berm, so naturally I did not uncase a rifle, merely waited for them to finish up. One of the deputies noticed me, and trotted over to let me know they were finishing up. As he was running, holster flopping, his duty gun came out of the holster, and dropped in the mud (it was a rainy, damp weekend). I was unable to suppress grinning the entire time they were there.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, but did the bullet fall out of his shirt pocket?

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bend
The pistol slid into the next stall and was kicked back to mine.
Dood - That was you?? wink

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Bend
The pistol slid into the next stall and was kicked back to mine.
Dood - That was you?? wink

Yep!

Thanks for not making me do the floor crawl.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, but did the bullet fall out of his shirt pocket?

[Linked Image]

Old cat turd!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They'll never let Barney Fife rest in peace, will they? smile

[Linked Image]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsg0EvZozI

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no wonder those guys scattered!

a man that's mean enough to shoot himself in his own azz as a warning shot ain't to be trifled with, you just know he'll have no compunction about shootin yer azz!

is some good stories boys I'm enjoying them

tks KG for getting this ball rollin

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

TEAMWORK = a bunch of people doing what I say
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

711 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 69 invisible), 3,381 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,354
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.