-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never been able to get inside of that mindset. Your own home country has let you down. Your life was terrible, you could find no work, your family was going hungry, your country did absolutely nothing to help you or offer you opportunity to work and better yourself..

So, you jump a ship, or hire a coyote, and you make your way to the land of opportunity and upon your arrival, be it legaly or not, you qualify for free food, free housing, programs to train you, programs to help you get a job, classes to teach you the local language, free schooling for your children.
Upon receiving all of this, you hang a flag celebrating the country who had let you down, leaving you the option of living poor or leaving.

I have made that argument to a hundred Mexicans over the years, and they all tell me I don't get it. "Our flag celebrates our country, not our government". I then ask them how it would be received if I moved to Mexico and displayed a US flag above my door, why that is any different and if that would be respectful to Mexico?

These very same people who come to America and reap the benefits of this fine country would no doubt then be offended when others call them unpatriotic, and don't understand how being offended by the flag will brand them as America haters.

I would have loved it if the reporter could have asked this offended supervisor what it was about the American flag they found offensive? The woman who brought the flag in, needs to keep careful watch of any displays during "Black History" month by this other supervisor, and then approach this person and tell them "I don't agree with this celebration, but respect your right as an American to display your opinion". Make the person think about it instead of playing their game and complaining that you find "Black History Month" offensive to other Americans.

I make it a point to ask every Mexican I see displaying an Mexican flag how this would be perceived in Mexico if I did the same with an American flag, to date not one has said there would not be repercussions of some sort.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Forwarded my sentiments, managed to do it with foul language. eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Message sent as well.

Any guesses how they voted in Nov?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It would be nice to know how many nastygrams they received.

Retired cat herder.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Has anyone heard of the local vets organizations have been contacted?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The next day I would have put up a Rebel flag and asked him how he liked it.

I hate saying this, but sometimes you need to plant your feet and stomp some foreign sh#$bird senseless and teach him some manners.

consequences be damned.

Last edited by SevenOaks; 05/27/09.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SevenOaks

I hate saying this, but sometimes you need to plant your feet and stomp some foreign sh#$bird senseless and teach him some manners.

consequences be damned.

Dude...I'm stealing that!

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just realized it was a woman that committed the offense.

Well, that rules out the stomping but she would have to look at that rebel flag until she agreed that the American flag was not so offensive after all and could be displayed.

Last edited by SevenOaks; 05/27/09.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Reading FOX comments sounds like the hospital has changed its position and is allowing the flag. And they have changed the issue as it was to large rather then a co worker complaint.

Here is the latest...

http://www.kindredhealthcare.com/Press/2009-05-27.asp

STATEMENT REGARDING KINDRED HOSPITAL MANSFIELD
Kindred Hospital Mansfield has a great deal of appreciation for the service that many of our employees and their families have given to their country. We honor our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. This was an isolated incident between two employees that we are working to resolve amicably. Both employees have family members who have served in the military. The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up. We share their love of country and we appreciate the service of their family members as well as all members of the armed forces.

Last edited by big drift; 05/27/09.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They must have gotten a [bleep] of comments, phoned and e-mailed. Well, at least they did right by the employee and the flag is up. We musta skeered 'em. Which is good. Who would you rather offend; one person, or a trainload? confused laugh

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad she has her flag back up. My mother had the same problem several years ago when she was working for a company that employed the handicapped. One of the supervisors objected to the flag she had on her work area. She didn't back down and called her congressman and asked why there wasn't an American flag flying on the company property as they received tax dollars for employing the disabled. The Congressman made sure there was a flag provided and the American Legion provided the pole for it to fly from. She retired shortly after the ceremony for the flag raising which was attended by the Congressman and the local American Legion representatives.

Sassy

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Kindred Hospital Mansfield has a great deal of appreciation for the service that many of our employees and their families have given to their country. We honor our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. This was an isolated incident between two employees that we are working to resolve amicably. Both employees have family members who have served in the military. The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up. We share their love of country and we appreciate the service of their family members as well as all members of the armed forces.

Sounds like BS in that statement ... implying it was only the size of the flag that was at issue. I call BS on that ... classic back peddling because of the ensuing uproar. PC dipschits. The offended African scum should be run off.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Why is enforcing immigration laws important? I hope this makes the evening news. Fat chance.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
i too sent them an email.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Another Obama voter , no doubt

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
Another Obama voter , no doubt

Absolutely do doubt.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Sounds like BS in that statement ... implying it was only the size of the flag that was at issue. I call BS on that ... classic back peddling because of the ensuing uproar. PC dipschits. The offended African scum should be run off.
Bull-Pelosi, for SURE...

'The size of the flag' my freakin' azz... Unbelievable.. They got caught, pure and simple, and are trying to stop the bleeding. I hope more and more complaints come in - for months... Teach these miserable fools a little lesson...

No reply has come to my mailbox yet.. But I'm just WAITING for it...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bump to put this with the other "Take down that flag" thread!

Retired cat herder.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Anyone else get an answer from kindredhealthcare.com?? The reply I received was an apology which included the fact the media description of personnel involved was not completely correct.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

456 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 43 invisible), 2,076 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,762
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.