Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Crap we are still on this? ObamaCare is working as designed. It's here to stay.

"Polly Parrot" is not dead, simply �stunned� or "pining for the fjords.�

�Look, Matey, I know a dead Princess when I see one, and I�m looking at one right now. She's not pinin�, She's passed on! This Princess is no more! She has ceased to be! She's expired and gone to meet her maker! This is a late Princess. She's a stiff. Bereft of life, she rests in peace.�

�Mate, this Peach wouldn't pine if you put six million volts thru 'er!�
Monty Pylon

Congressional Budget Office sends death blow to ObamaCare
By John Podhoretz
February 5, 2014

The Affordable Care Act, a k a ObamaCare, became law almost four years ago. It became operational last Oct. 1. Yesterday, Feb. 4, 2014, the ACA may well have been dealt its death blow.
The Congressional Budget Office released a major study of the government�s budget and its effect on the overall economy over the next 10 years. In dull bureaucratic language, it delivers a devastating analysis of the inefficiencies, ineffectualities and problematic social costs of ObamaCare.
The one-two punch: Virtually as many Americans will lack health coverage in 10 years as before the law was passed � but 2 million fewer will be working than if the law hadn�t passed.
One killer detail comes on Page 111, where the report projects: �As a result of the ACA, between 6 million and 7 million fewer people will have employment-based insurance coverage each year from 2016 through 2024 than would be the case in the absence of the ACA.�
ObamaCare�s key selling point was that it would give coverage to a significant number of the 30-plus million Americans who lack it. Now the CBO is telling the American people that a decade from now, 6 million-plus of their countrymen won�t get health care through their employers who otherwise would have.
Even more damaging is this projection: �About 31 million nonelderly residents of the United States are likely to be without health insurance in 2024, roughly one out of every nine such residents.�
Why? Because, in selling the bill to the American people in a nationally televised September 2009 address, President Obama said the need for ObamaCare was urgent precisely because �there are now more than 30 million American citizens who cannot get coverage.�
Now the CBO is saying is that in 10 years, about the same number of people will lack insurance as before. This, after new expenditures of as much as $2 trillion and a colossal disruption of the US medical system.
If that�s not startling enough, there�s also the telling projection about ObamaCare�s impact on employment � �a decline in the number of full-time-equivalent workers of about 2.0 million in 2017, rising to about 2.5 million in 2024.�

2/4/14
Live by the CBO, Die by the CBO - Dana Milbank, Washington Post

For years, the White House has trotted out the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office to show that Obamacare would cut health-care costs and reduce deficits:
�CBO Confirms Families Will Save Money Under Health Reform.�
�CBO Update Shows Lower Costs for the New Health Care Law.�
�CBO Confirms: The Health Care Law Reduces the Deficit.�

Live by the sword, die by the sword, the Bible tells us. In Washington, it�s slightly different: Live by the CBO, die by the CBO.

The congressional number-crunchers, perhaps the capital�s closest thing to a neutral referee, came out with a new report Tuesday, and it wasn�t pretty for Obamacare.

The CBO predicted the law would have a �substantially larger� impact on the labor market than it had previously expected: The law would reduce the workforce in 2021 by the equivalent of 2.3 million full-time workers, well more than the 800,000 originally anticipated.

This will inevitably be a drag on economic growth, as more people decide government handouts are more attractive than working more and paying higher taxes.

This is grim news for the White House and for Democrats on the ballot in November�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
and I can't believe what the Dem libtards are saying in damage control. Now they are praisining that people will loose their job and be "free". WTF? We have at least 11% unemployment, and they are happy people will loose jobs?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Post your numbers. Show me where I an wrong.
This fall the coming repeat of 2010 mid-term Conservative Landslide will be the end of this mess.

You could start with all democrat admins since Kennedy (begin with LBJ),,,it's called history, BOWS. Then you might want to throw in the last 2 Pres elections to cap it off.

You're doing little more here than you always tend to do,,promoting your ideas as fact and dismissing all the rest. I know, I know,,,Palin would and still can change all of this.

Wouldn't take that 10$ bet would you? Heh.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
What has any of this to do with the coming mid-terms and the facts I have quoted about the last mid-terms?

The numbers I have quoted about �ObamaCare is Getting Worse?�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
In elections, facts are most relevant to those that have already happened. Otherwise, you are talking about predictions, which are not facts.

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
For the next 8 years 6-7 million a year will lose their present health insurance.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
EXCLUSIVE � Rand Paul: When Will Obama Start Caring?
Breitbart News: Breitbart TV
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv
2/7/14
Just when you thought Obamacare couldn�t get any worse, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) reported on Tuesday that the equivalent of 2.5 million jobs will be lost due to Obamacare.
We can�t afford to lose any more jobs.

These numbers are calculated according to how many work hours the CBO estimates will be lost in the coming decade. Reuters reports, �In its latest U.S. fiscal outlook, the nonpartisan CBO said the health law would lead some workers, particularly those with lower incomes, to limit their hours to avoid losing federal subsidies that Obamacare provides to help pay for health insurance and other healthcare costs.�

Reuters continues, �Work hours would be reduced by the equivalent of 2.5 million jobs in 2024, said the agency, which earlier predicted 800,000 fewer full-time jobs by 2021. The bottom line would be a slower rate of growth for employment and compensation in the coming decade, according to the report.�
This is yet another example of the damage Obamacare has continued to inflict since its implementation.

Healthcare premiums have increased for millions. Couple this with high unemployment and it doesn�t look good for those already struggling in this bad economy

Perhaps the most frustrating aspect of this debacle is that critics knew that both employees and employers would have to adjust their hours and hiring practices in order to navigate the pitfalls of this new law. Just like when the President promised, �If you like your plan you can keep it,� those in the Administration who promised that Obamacare wouldn�t negatively impact the job market couldn�t have been more wrong.
This week�s CBO report proves it.

Some workers will be forced to work fewer hours and will receive less pay, as both employers and employees attempt to avoid parts of the law that impact them negatively.
The new report states, �CBO estimates that the ACA will reduce the total number of hours worked, on net� almost entirely because workers will choose to supply less labor � given the new taxes and other incentives they will face and the financial benefits some will receive.�

The incentives under Obamacare are for both employers and employees to seek government-sponsored benefits as opposed to work. The way our current system is structured, it will be in their best personal interest for them to do so.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney responded to the lost jobs in this week�s report by saying, �Americans would no longer be trapped in a job just to provide coverage for their families, and would have the opportunity to pursue their dreams. This CBO report bears that out, and the Republican plan to repeal the ACA would strip those hard-working Americans of that opportunity."

Americans dream of having jobs that give them enough hours to take care of their families, including providing for their healthcare. Obamacare puts a significant dent in that dream, and Mr. Carney should be ashamed of himself for trying to pretend this disastrous policy is somehow a �choice� for workers.
Obamacare has been many things, but giving Americans more �choice� is not among them. It is a mandate on all of us.

The horribly misnamed Affordable Care Act may go down as one of the worst disruptions of the economy and government intrusions into our personal lives in history. By every measure�jobs, quality healthcare, the financial burden�this act has not been affordable.

When will this president start caring?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by logger
In elections, facts are most relevant to those that have already happened. Otherwise, you are talking about predictions, which are not facts.

Well said, Jayco.

But,,,,we ALL HOPE that BOWS is right on this. I sure do. Hope, however, ain't a very good plan,,, as 'history' well shows. It's over boys, the tide has turned.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Well said, Jayco.

But,,,,we ALL HOPE that BOWS is right on this. I sure do. Hope, however, ain't a very good plan,,, as 'history' well shows. It's over boys, the tide has turned.

I have been posting nothing but the facts/numbers to support my opinion/predictions.

I have posted the results, the numbers of the last mid-term election when the tide really did turn, until everyone is sick of seeing them.

I have posted the numbers of the 2012 Presidential race and how in my opinion a better Conservative candidate could have picked up about 5 million more votes in swing states and won the damn thing.

I have lost count of the ObamaCare numbers posted�

So what facts, what numbers are you guys talking about?

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only if the Deturds lose the election big time next fall will you ever see it go away. But then there are so many worthless electable moderates that may not make a differance.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 02/08/14.

NRA Lifetime Member
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Maximum invasive surgery for obama care patients.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's a couple of things that will scare you Bowsinger the Affordable Care Act calculator and the Heath Care Tax Credit is already programed into my computer program. And you think ObamaCare is going away.

Last edited by derby_dude; 02/08/14.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Guess you didn�t get the memo�

There is so much uncertainty about Obamacare that Aetna, the U.S.�s third-largest insurance provider, may be forced to double its rates or opt out of the program, the company�s CEO, Mark Bertolini, told CNBC on Thursday.
What action Aetna will take is still up in the air, but the company doesn�t plan to set its 2015 Obamacare rates until May 15. Between now and then, though, Bertolini said he�s trying to get the necessary information from the Obama administration to properly price its insurance products.
�I think in the end analysis, pulling out is always the last resort,� Bertolini told �Closing Bell.�
�We don�t like to do that because we disenfranchise customers and we disappoint customers, so we always look at that as a last resort, but that is an option that we will pursue if we need to if the program doesn�t settle down; if we can�t get a good handle on the data and the less data we have, the more risk premium we need to put into our products and that means the prices are higher.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I expect more and more insurance companies will pull out as well as doctors and hospitals. However, the tax will still go through and that's for certain. I can tell you after looking at the tax that it's a dozy. Ultimately, ObamaCare will lead to single payer government insurance which was the intent all along. The medical profession will become the largest single department of government employees out there a hundred times larger than the military geared up for Armageddon.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
That tax bite coming is one big reason ObamaCare is dead.

Doomed: certain to face a very unpleasant fate

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Well said, Jayco.

I have been posting nothing but the facts/numbers to support my opinion/predictions.

I have posted the results, the numbers of the last mid-term election when the tide really did turn, until everyone is sick of seeing them.

I have posted the numbers of the 2012 Presidential race and how in my opinion a better Conservative candidate could have picked up about 5 million more votes in swing states and won the damn thing.

I have lost count of the ObamaCare numbers posted�

So what facts, what numbers are you guys talking about?

BOWS, simply put, you are the kind of Gent that needs a weatherman to tell him which way the wind is blowing. Focusing on the moment (your forte') ain't where it's at except for only that brief moment in time. Get it through your head that folks like free stuff and it may begin to dawn on you. What is given in largess (aka; vote buying) wont be taken away. Would a Republican controlled congress help?? Maybe and that's a real small maybe but one none the less.

The ONLY thing that will change where we are now headed is for some cataclysmic event (economic or otherwise) to cause,,,NO, MAKE, people refocus on what is right and what is wrong with the way things are heading. The "EVENT(s)" will have to happen, pure and simple. We may, indeed, have some momentary victories, politically, but the die is cast and things will have to run their course until we, as a nation are FORCED to accept needed change and then do it by the ballot box. Then, there's still the issue of the MSM and their bs that AIN"T gonna change, my man.

I do, however, like the way and the direction that you think.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I expect more and more insurance companies will pull out as well as doctors and hospitals. However, the tax will still go through and that's for certain. I can tell you after looking at the tax that it's a dozy. Ultimately, ObamaCare will lead to single payer government insurance which was the intent all along. The medical profession will become the largest single department of government employees out there a hundred times larger than the military geared up for Armageddon.

d.d., here's betting the insurance cos will be 'bailed out'. End of that story.

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B

D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies
posted on HOT AIR July 22, 2014 by Allahpundit

...The financial impact of ObamaCare for five million people hangs on six words. Held by the D.C.
[�]

Circuit: Subsidies apply only to true state exchanges, not Healthcare.gov.

Plain and simple, if Congress wants to rewrite the law to extend subsidies to federal enrollees, they�re welcome to do it. That�s what legislatures are for. But the law, as written, says what it says, and that�s not the court�s problem.

I want to get this thread up quickly so people can comment, but lots of updates are coming. Stand by.

Update: Another report estimates that 7.3 million people will be affected by 2016 if this stands, to the tune of $36 billion.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
That ambulance is from the village in Kenya that missing its idiot.

There are no problems that cannot be resolved by the suitable application of high explosive.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 797 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.