Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
New video from Gre-Tan on their latest generation firing pin assembly and related goodies. Just bought one for a Model 7. Looks like a quality product. What I like is that Greg reengineers dimensions to get tightest tolerances and fit----and its all American made in house on his Swiss CNC screw machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DxfNnN9RYw

Last edited by RobJordan; 04/14/14.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I saw that video today as well. I have a couple of the gen 1 units as wart replacements and like them in as much as they have never caused me a problem

I also had sent a bolt to Greg last week to have the handled pinned on and cerakoted and in the note I sent I also mentioned a minor extraction issue with the bolt / rifle

I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Greg today explaining my extraction problem and recommending a repair - notably he said one option was a sako extractor but he didn't think it was needed or necessary to fix the problem and he did not think I should spend the money for it. He also recommended waiting on the cerakote until I get the bolt back from him and confirm the issue has been fixed

I was very impressed with my interaction with him and even more impressed that a smith with much bigger dollar items waiting took the time to personally call me over what will end up being a small dollar job for him.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I had two rifles barreled and the actions reworked by Greg Tannel, everything is very precise. He double sleeved a Remington 700 bolt, bushed the firing pin, matched the locking lugs and installed a double pinned recoil lug to fit a stock with an aluminum bedding block. When the package arrived just a week later I was confused, but no he did the work that fast. Although this was a bare action, not a complete rifle, still that's impressive turn around time. A barreling job took longer, but it was worth waiting for.

My friend has several rifles by Tannel and a couple more being worked on now. They all shoot very well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

385 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,651 guests, and 979 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,795
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.