-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I look off to the Northeast, and shake my head, sometimes.
Gazing West inspires the same.

Kiss My American azz, Bloomberg

GTC

This week, there has been a flurry of activity on pro-gun bills in the Arizona Senate.

On Tuesday, House Bill 2103 passed in the state Senate by a 20 to 10 vote. Introduced by state Representative Kelly Townsend (R-16), HB 2103 would allow an individual of at least nineteen years of age to obtain a concealed weapon permit if the person is currently in military service or has been honorably discharged. This legislation is a good way to thank our military for their service and will benefit law-abiding gun owners in Arizona.

Yesterday, the state Senate passed three more important bills, House Bill 2517, House Bill 2483, and House Bill 2339.

House Bill 2517, introduced by state Representative Steve Smith (R-11), would strengthen Arizona�s firearms preemption law. Currently, the firearms preemption statute reserves the authority to regulate firearms for the state legislature. This bill would fortify consistency in firearm and ammunition laws through a provision that would impose penalties for willful or knowing violations of this statute by localities. HB 2517 passed by a 17 to 12 vote.

House Bill 2483, introduced by state Representative John Kavanagh (R-23), will protect the lawful discharge of a firearm on private lands from being unnecessarily restricted. HB 2483 was signed by Governor Jan Brewer (R) yesterday after being passed by a 16 to 13 vote in the Senate.

House Bill 2339, introduced by state Representative Brenda Barton (R-6), would allow persons with a valid concealed weapon permit to carry in public buildings/events, unless the building or event has electronic screening by security personnel at each entrance. This legislation does not impact private property owners and businesses, educational institutions, community colleges or universities under the jurisdiction of the regents. HB 2339 passed by a 16 to 12 vote.

The NRA thanks the state Senators who voted for these bills, as well as Governor Brewer for her swift action to advance your Second Amendment rights. We will keep you updated on the status of these bills, as well as other pro-gun legislation as it moves through the legislative process this session.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome news Cross. I hope this becomes a trend across the U.S..

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As much as I love my family back east, there is no way I could ever live there again. Ever since the AF moved me out west in '79 i've always loved this side of the country.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
!!SALUD!!

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Makes one want to get on the porch and touch one off.

Sounds like a good deal all around.
Common sense,who would have thought of it. grin

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the post Greg! I hope that libtard bloomerburg takes notice!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since moving to AZ 7 years ago, this state has passed numerous pro-gun bills despite the state of our federal government. Maybe that's what Gov. Brewer was telling chocolate Jesus when he stepped off the plane and shook her finger in his face.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You're probably well settled in, and aware that these bills just don't appear one day,....a TREMENDOUS mount of stumping and dialogue is involved.., much of it taking place in small community hall and church environments. That's pretty easy to like.

The basic common sense approach, tempered with lots of patience seems to be pretty effective.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Cross........."House Bill 2483, introduced by state Representative John Kavanagh (R-23), will protect the lawful discharge of a firearm on private lands from being unnecessarily restricted. HB 2483 was signed by Governor Jan Brewer (R) yesterday after being passed by a 16 to 13 vote in the Senate.�"

3 vote margin.....a squeaker......what were the arguments against this since it had to do with private lands?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Can't say, but I WILL try and find out for ya'.

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is easy, politicians dont trust people.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

This week, there has been a flurry of activity on pro-gun bills in the Arizona Senate.

On Tuesday, House Bill 2103 passed in the state Senate by a 20 to 10 vote. Introduced by state Representative Kelly Townsend (R-16), HB 2103 would allow an individual of at least nineteen years of age to obtain a concealed weapon permit if the person is currently in military service or has been honorably discharged. This legislation is a good way to thank our military for their service and will benefit law-abiding gun owners in Arizona.

Yesterday, the state Senate passed three more important bills, House Bill 2517, House Bill 2483, and House Bill 2339.

House Bill 2517, introduced by state Representative Steve Smith (R-11), would strengthen Arizona�s firearms preemption law. Currently, the firearms preemption statute reserves the authority to regulate firearms for the state legislature. This bill would fortify consistency in firearm and ammunition laws through a provision that would impose penalties for willful or knowing violations of this statute by localities. HB 2517 passed by a 17 to 12 vote.

House Bill 2483, introduced by state Representative John Kavanagh (R-23), will protect the lawful discharge of a firearm on private lands from being unnecessarily restricted. HB 2483 was signed by Governor Jan Brewer (R) yesterday after being passed by a 16 to 13 vote in the Senate.

House Bill 2339, introduced by state Representative Brenda Barton (R-6), would allow persons with a valid concealed weapon permit to carry in public buildings/events, unless the building or event has electronic screening by security personnel at each entrance. This legislation does not impact private property owners and businesses, educational institutions, community colleges or universities under the jurisdiction of the regents. HB 2339 passed by a 16 to 12 vote.

The NRA thanks the state Senators who voted for these bills, as well as Governor Brewer for her swift action to advance your Second Amendment rights. We will keep you updated on the status of these bills, as well as other pro-gun legislation as it moves through the legislative process this session.

friend of mine was behind 2483. He was getting harrassed so to speak, and spent a bunch of money to work that through.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

GTC

friend of mine was behind 2483. He was getting harrassed so to speak, and spent a bunch of money to work that through.

Good for him! grin

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
AZ CDL is a very effective gun rights organization, very hard-working and determined. Just sent them some $ for their good work.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,308
Posts18,468,178
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.