Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
In case you didn't get this in an email:

Gun Owners of America

Come out and Support Senate Candidate
Joe Miller on Monday!

Come join GOA Vice Chairman Tim Macy at the Liberty Launch Party at 6 pm on Monday, April 21 -- as we stand together in supporting Joe Miller for the U.S. Senate.

As you know, Joe is challenging D-rated Mark Begich, who falsely claimed he would support the Second Amendment while he was in Washington.
Despite those promises, Mark Begich has voted against your constitutionally-protected rights and has consistently done the bidding of anti-gun Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

I will also be joined by Talk Show Host Lars Larson at Monday�s event, where we will enjoy a lot of fun, fantastic music and food.

Here are the details that you need to know.

When: Monday, Aril 21, 2014 (6 pm)

Where: Wasilla Lake Resort, North Shore Ale House
1850 Bogard Road Wasilla, AK 99654 (Formerly Mat-Su Resort)

For more information, go to Joe Miller�s website where you can contact the campaign, get information or make a contribution.

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
Vice Chairman

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got it.

A couple months back GoA sent out an announcement that they were throwing their support behind Joe Miller. I sent them an email explaining how Joe Miller had been eviscerated the last time by the propaganda corps (KTVA and ADN scumbags in particular) that was in the bag for Sleaza and the same thing would probably happen again. I suggested they consider Dan Sullivan. Apparently they are still sticking with Joe Miller.

Don't get me wrong, I voted for Miller the last time around and agree with his positions more than I disagree, but he's damaged goods and the idea is to replace Bagitch. Not run someone against him that can't win.

BTW, meeting Lars Larson would be worth the trip. He's one of my favorite radio hosts.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
He's a lightning rod now that Liiisa lied about supporting him.

I was interested in him last time because he *wasn't* Liiisa.

Having choices is good and I think Joe can have some force over the dialog. I don't think he can win, though.

I have to wonder if any candidates come close to Joe on the 2A.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I thought we all agreed that the best thing Joe could do was go away. Did we forget to include him in that conversation?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
We need to put somebody up besides Miller. What the hell is wrong with the GOP in this state? The GOA should be kicked in the nuts.

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Joe Miller = train wreck.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I haven't seen anything to show Miller a cut above the other two on the second.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by Calvin
We need to put somebody up besides Miller. What the hell is wrong with the GOP in this state? The GOA should be kicked in the nuts.

Yep!

I thought there was a pretty strong consensus that Crazy Joe would be "easy" to get rid of after one term. He isn't even an incumbent and he still doesn't seem to be gone. What's up with that? Perhaps it's time to rename the GOP the BSC......BatShitCrazies? We can do better; a lot better. How about a Sullivan/Treadwell Senate pairing

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've already met Joe, so no need to attend the show.

I'm in agreement with others that I think there's better candidates the GOP or in this case GOA could support.

I did recently hear some positive things about Joe, from a source that has some credibility with me.

voted for him last time, and donated some money to the cause

I'll vote for him again if he ends up running against Begich, but my wallet is closed to the vast majority of politicians these days.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

You got that right, we need a good solid conservative candidate to run against the boy wonder, otherwise we're screwed. So far the only one that I've heard or seen do any advertisements for a senate run is Dan Sullivan. I haven't heard anything from Mead so far.

Never thougyht i'd see the day when Alaska would be so liberal.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
"Never thougyht i'd see the day when Alaska would be so liberal."

It is in the demographics. Before statehood it was thought Alaska would go Dem, and Hawaii Repub, and the reverse happened.

20% of Alaska's population is Native, who are nearly 100% Dem straight-line party voters. Most of them are totally unaware of the issues- but by God, they are gonna vote Dem!

Get that block-vote, and a candidate only has to pick up about a third of the remaining votes, or half of Anchorage.

Among others, that's how we got Tony "the Weasel" Knowles.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Seems to me to be poor logic voting for someone "easy to replace " next election. That puts us back on square one, and we end up with another damdem.

I want someone who is re-electable next time around as well as electable right now.

So far, Sullivan looks like our best bet.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I'm not a big Joe Miller fan, but just wanted everyone to be in the loop. wink Everyone can relax - Joe ain't gonna get in!

I don't know how Joe would vote, but the times I've heard him speak (on the radio) he has at least 'said' the right things. I think he has the potential to drive debates and the agenda to the right. I'd not put any money on Joe getting through the primary.

The "easy to replace" part came from the "anyone but Liiisa" factor. He beat her in the primary, she *promised* to support the primary victor. It turns out that Liiisa is a liar (I know - a shock) and ran her write-in.

Had she not done that, I certain Joe would have beaten the D candidate from Sitka. We'd have better candidates than Joe that I'm certain would have beaten him in the primary in 2 years.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
I'm not a big Joe Miller fan, but just wanted everyone to be in the loop. wink Everyone can relax - Joe ain't gonna get in!

I don't know how Joe would vote, but the times I've heard him speak (on the radio) he has at least 'said' the right things. I think he has the potential to drive debates and the agenda to the right. I'd not put any money on Joe getting through the primary.

The "easy to replace" part came from the "anyone but Liiisa" factor. He beat her in the primary, she *promised* to support the primary victor. It turns out that Liiisa is a liar (I know - a shock) and ran her write-in.

Had she not done that, I certain Joe would have beaten the D candidate from Sitka. We'd have better candidates than Joe that I'm certain would have beaten him in the primary in 2 6 years.

fixt it

Last edited by Sitka deer; 04/21/14.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Huh? Liiisa is up again in 2 years.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Oh, OK. I meant 'from now' not the length of term. wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
gotcha...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
He's a lightning rod now that Liiisa lied about supporting him.

I was interested in him last time because he *wasn't* Liiisa.

Having choices is good and I think Joe can have some force over the dialog. I don't think he can win, though.

I don't know all of Sullivan's views on 2A, but as AG he did write and submit an Amicus brief in support of Heller and 2A as an individual right.

His statement on 2A looks a little "squishy", but his record is one of support. He just might not be a "gun guy".

Dan Sullivan 2A

He must be worrying the hell out of Bagitch, because his campaign ads and those done his by scumbag democrap supporters have been targeting Sullivan when he isn't busy taking credit for crap he really shouldn't be taking credit for.

I have yet to see any of Bagitch's counter-ads directed towards Miller or Treadwell.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.