Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Uh...I'm beginning to think I misunderstood your position. Or at least I don't understand it now. Or maybe you don't understand your position. Maybe there's the Earth and the Urth...that might explain it. confused

GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dont celebrate ED with all the rainbow [bleep] anyway, be glad to recognize Ms. Maddux Day.

ira the unicorn shoulda caught a pick-axe in the ear long about '79.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
I don't begrudge anyone from shopping at wallyword, the publix, the Kroger, the aldi, and numerous other purveyors of goods & services for a profit to meet the needs of the Eaters.

profits enable the delivery of goods & services.

I'd like to see some big deer, bred & offered for sale. we could utilize genetic engineering to meet demand.

Eating the Urth is just a piece of propaganda offered by the scare people. we're not eating the Earth, we're here to make profits and gain market share. Big deer, sold for big prices, now we're talking.

What drugs are you on?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
BTW, glad arlen specter is dead too.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Uriah
Originally Posted by Gus

the Earth will get along fine without us, if it comes to that.

Then why do you need an Earth Day?

Got any other home planet?

Last time I checked, sportsmen were the original conservationists and "environmentalists". We damned sure ought to reclaim that title.

yep, what he said

just because some of the biggest proponents of Earth day or conservation happen to be liberals that we don't agree with much about governing

doesn't mean that even an idiot can't be useful on occasion.

I like having hunting habitat available.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Originally Posted by Uriah
Originally Posted by Gus

the Earth will get along fine without us, if it comes to that.

Then why do you need an Earth Day?

Got any other home planet?

Last time I checked, sportsmen were the original conservationists and "environmentalists". We damned sure ought to reclaim that title.

yep, what he said

just because some of the biggest proponents of Earth day or conservation happen to be liberals that we don't agree with much about governing

doesn't mean that even an idiot can't be useful on occasion.

I like having hunting habitat available.

Clean water to drink and clean air to breathe don't suck either.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus
I don't begrudge anyone from shopping at wallyword, the publix, the Kroger, the aldi, and numerous other purveyors of goods & services for a profit to meet the needs of the Eaters.

profits enable the delivery of goods & services.

I'd like to see some big deer, bred & offered for sale. we could utilize genetic engineering to meet demand.

Eating the Urth is just a piece of propaganda offered by the scare people. we're not eating the Earth, we're here to make profits and gain market share. Big deer, sold for big prices, now we're talking.

What drugs are you on?

oxygen is pretty good, if not to polluted.

water is good, if not full of pollutants.

I like meat & veggies. the jury is out on GMO's.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a nice Earth Day.

We danced around a toasty tire fire.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
BWAHAHAHA................laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Or like us celebrate my daughters 18th Birthday!

Yup she was born on Earth Day.

220 Swift still king.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
I think I'm beginning to understand.

Glad you understand. I doubt it, though. I have no desire to celebrate a holiday concocted by radicals and Marxists that prey on the guilt of the gullible. I can endeavor to be a good steward of the planet without acknowledging Earth Day, or shunning a plastic bag.

Want to help the Earth? Rid it of 70% of the population. The Earth will recover nicely from any of the ills you might want to point out. Short of that, spare the Marxist/enviro-extremist rhetoric.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When did Gus return? I thought he ate himself?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I celebrated Earth Day by frying up some pork chops and drinking a couple of Budweisers.

I bought the pork chops at the store where they make meat (no killing involved). I requested plastic bags to carry the meat home. The clerk mentioned our liberal city is going pass an ordinance banning plastic bags.

If they do that what will I use to pick up dog schit?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a Subaru.

I'm officially going lesbian.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lesbian is good. I like the Prius.

I can't make up my mind so I consider myself transgender.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In that case......GFY.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I rather do it with a woman.

I just make up my mind if I want to be a man that love wimmens (not PC) or a wimmen that loves wimmens (PC).

What would Gus do?

Does anybody know for sure? grin

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Gus
I think I'm beginning to understand.

Glad you understand. I doubt it, though. I have no desire to celebrate a holiday concocted by radicals and Marxists that prey on the guilt of the gullible. I can endeavor to be a good steward of the planet without acknowledging Earth Day, or shunning a plastic bag.

Want to help the Earth? Rid it of 70% of the population. The Earth will recover nicely from any of the ills you might want to point out. Short of that, spare the Marxist/enviro-extremist rhetoric.

no disagreement from this hillbilly. we can encourage advances in technology that makes energy utilization more efficient. such an advancement might even help the Chinese with their air quality problems.

no Marxist rhetoric from me, if it sounds like it then it must be cnfusing it with the roar of the wind.

hopefully everyone had a wonderful Earth Day. admittedly the Celebration has fallen on hardtimes. The ELF and the ALF will have to get it in gear.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
13 Worst Predictions Made on Earth Day, 1970

BY JON GABRIEL 04/22/2013

The 1970s were a lousy decade. Embarrassing movies, dreadful music and downright terrifying clothes reflected the national mood following an unpopular war, endless political scandals and a faltering economy. Popular culture was consumed with decline, especially Hollywood. The Omega Man, Soylent Green, Damnation Alley and countless other dystopian films showed a planet wrecked by war, pollution and neglect. In large part, the entertainment industry was reflecting the culture at large. In 1970, the first Earth Day was celebrated � okay, �celebrated� doesn�t capture the funereal tone of the event. The events (organized in part by then hippie and now convicted murderer Ira Einhorn) predicted death, destruction and disease unless we did exactly as progressives commanded. Behold the coming apocalypse as predicted on and around Earth Day, 1970:
1. "Civilization will end within 15 or 30 years unless immediate action is taken against problems facing mankind." � Harvard biologist George Wald
2. "We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation." �Washington University biologist Barry Commoner
3. "Man must stop pollution and conserve his resources, not merely to enhance existence but to save the race from intolerable deterioration and possible extinction." � New York Times editorial
4. "Population will inevitably and completely outstrip whatever small increases in food supplies we make. The death rate will increase until at least 100-200 million people per year will be starving to death during the next ten years." � Stanford University biologist Paul Ehrlich
5. "Most of the people who are going to die in the greatest cataclysm in the history of man have already been born� [By 1975] some experts feel that food shortages will have escalated the present level of world hunger and starvation into famines of unbelievable proportions. Other experts, more optimistic, think the ultimate food-population collision will not occur until the decade of the 1980s." � Paul Ehrlich
6. "It is already too late to avoid mass starvation," � Denis Hayes, Chief organizer for Earth Day
7. "Demographers agree almost unanimously on the following grim timetable: by 1975 widespread famines will begin in India; these will spread by 1990 to include all of India, Pakistan, China and the Near East, Africa. By the year 2000, or conceivably sooner, South and Central America will exist under famine conditions�. By the year 2000, thirty years from now, the entire world, with the exception of Western Europe, North America, and Australia, will be in famine." � North Texas State University professor Peter Gunter
8. "In a decade, urban dwellers will have to wear gas masks to survive air pollution� by 1985 air pollution will have reduced the amount of sunlight reaching earth by one half." � Life magazine
9. "At the present rate of nitrogen buildup, it's only a matter of time before light will be filtered out of the atmosphere and none of our land will be usable." � Ecologist Kenneth Watt
10. "Air pollution...is certainly going to take hundreds of thousands of lives in the next few years alone." � Paul Ehrlich
11. "By the year 2000, if present trends continue, we will be using up crude oil at such a rate� that there won't be any more crude oil. You'll drive up to the pump and say, �Fill 'er up, buddy,' and he'll say, �I am very sorry, there isn't any.'" � Ecologist Kenneth Watt
12. "[One] theory assumes that the earth's cloud cover will continue to thicken as more dust, fumes, and water vapor are belched into the atmosphere by industrial smokestacks and jet planes. Screened from the sun's heat, the planet will cool, the water vapor will fall and freeze, and a new Ice Age will be born." �Newsweek magazine
13. "The world has been chilling sharply for about twenty years. If present trends continue, the world will be about four degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990, but eleven degrees colder in the year 2000. This is about twice what it would take to put us into an ice age." �Kenneth Watt

http://www.freedomworks.org/content/13-worst-predictions-made-earth-day-1970

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 50 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,239
Posts18,466,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.