Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Duh??? Where has he been for the past 30 years?

Britain has a problem with domestic Islam, and they can't get rid of it. Too many muslims already in country.

LONDON � The West should set aside its differences with Russia and China to focus on the growing threat from radical Islam, Tony Blair said Wednesday, in a speech that included a call to support Egypt's military government against its Muslim Brotherhood opponents.

The former British prime minister said that tackling "a radicalized and politicized view of Islam" should be at the top of the global political agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT
He said many in the West seemed "curiously resistant" to face up to a force that "is undermining the possibility of peaceful co-existence in an era of globalization."

Blair, Britain's prime minister between 1997 and 2007, is now Middle East envoy for the Quartet of the United Nations, the European Union, the U.S. and Russia.

In a speech in London, he said that "whatever our other differences, we should be prepared to reach out and co-operate with the East, and in particular Russia and China," to combat Islamic extremism.

Blair's political legacy in Britain is tarnished by his decision to lead the country into the divisive invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Blair acknowledged the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan had undermined Western willingness to intervene in the Middle East. But he called for the West to engage with the region, saying "we have to stop treating each country on the basis of whatever seems to make for the easiest life for us at any one time."

Blair argued that "on the fate of Egypt hangs the future of the region."

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
BP-B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Out to lunch, much like Lauren and others of our bunch.

Last edited by eyeball; 04/23/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Blair does bring up a good point, and one that leaves me puzzled, which is why won't Russia unite with Europe and the US and form a united front against radical Islam? Certainly, they have their own problems with it. Is Putin still living in the Cold War? Does his KGB background prevent him from trusting the West? What does he gain in the long run by meddling with Iran, Syria, and other ME countries?

China is a bit easier to understand. They have 1.2 billion people and thermonuclear bombs controlled by a Communist regime. They don't have immigration problems, they have no Islamic Trojan horse, and if ANY Islamic country gives them a bad time, they have no problems with marching in and killing them all.

Still, I don't get Russia's reluctance in the situation.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
America has a problem with domestic Islam, and they can't get rid of it. Too many muslims already in the white house.

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Why not let commies in our .gov and Muzzies in our courts and streets take us down, ruin our military and kick our ass with China?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wait, I think I've seen that movie! Playing now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 73 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.