Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
TRS-25 is here, the gun'll be here Monday.

I've gotta say I'm surprised at the TRS. It's much beefier than I expected. There's se heft to it. I ordered it with the riser, but I'm gonna see I it'll work without it. The riser is solid, but the clamp (to the gun's rail) seems kinda cheesy.

You are running the same setup as I am...Great combo for that gun

I agree with a previous post....loading 25 rounds into that magazine SUCKS....I wish someone would come up with a loader that helps, so far its just a plastic sleeve that helps you keep the button down, doesn't make it any easier

You are going to enjoy this gun, it's a blast to shoot....wish I had a suppressor cause I bet it would make it the quietest .22 around

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
"You are going to enjoy this gun, it's a blast to shoot....wish I had a suppressor cause I bet it would make it the quietest .22 around"

Nope, it's actually the noisiest 22 I've seen with a can. 10/22's for some reason are quieter but if you want Hollywood quiet, you need a bolt gun.

They are still a very fun and reliable gun.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Took it out for the first time today. I should've bought one of these years ago.

We shot:
-100 rounds of CCI standard velocity and got one malfunction at around round 85 (which was also the 85th round fired).
-50 rounds (2 magazines) of Remington Viper (the manual recommends against Remington ammo) and had a malfunction once in each magazine.
-150 rounds of Blazer without any malfunctions.

This was all dry, I just took it out of the box and shot it.

I definitely needed the riser with the TRS-25. I was looking at the top of the rail without it. Luckily, I ordered the model that had a riser included with it.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
68W Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I've wanted one of these for some time. I will be sure to have one when the kids are old enough for me to start thinking about teaching them to manipulate the AR platform. I think between one of these and a full-sized M&P pistol in .22lr it would serve a very good training step in defensive shooting, before shooting 5.56 and 9mm/.40.

I'm under the impression this rifle's controls and ergos are all the same as the AR. True enough??

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The only thing different is it's lighter which is a good thing teaching kids.

I will pick up another one when 22 ammo becomes available again, they do like to eat. My stash is dwindling down fast enough as is.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 68W
I'm under the impression this rifle's controls and ergos are all the same as the AR. True enough??

The controls are the same. The ergos are close enough that it isn't an issue. They're significantly lighter, which is great for the kids.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Blue, i checked ammo here. He had some brick and various singles but the cheapest was 6 bucks a box

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That's OK, thanks for checking. It's that or a bit cheaper here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

226 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,218 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.