Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I'd like to see TRH's response when this law is used as a precursor to a terry stop and an individual is found to be in possession of an illegal firearm, or narcotics

What's a terry stop?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
A detainment of someone we reasonably believe to be involved in criminal activity

Allowing us to do a quick pat down of outer clothing for weapons, and easily identifiable contraband.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Terry v. Ohio

It's about officer safety frisking a possibly armed person.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antlers
OK...'wearing saggy pants' then...! Is their bare a$$ showing TRH...? Good grief...you spout off about the wrongs of government intrusion into our everyday lives...and many here agree with you on those points. And then you want the government to be able to tell us 'how and how not' to wear our clothes...!?!?
Where do you draw the line in terms of maintaining minimum public standards for decency? I see no problem with local communities instituting in their ordinances their standards based on local majority values.

I agree.

Didn't we used to have a 10th Amendment?

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Sounds like "pants on the ground" is helpful to law enforcement!

My brother kind of finds it helpful at age 52 as an LEO, and I consider him to be in good shape.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=tjm10025]
Hawkeye, this law about showing your underwear. Does that include women who let their bra straps hang out the armholes of a sleeveless top?

That is tacky!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I gotta throw the BS flag Raisulie, aint no women on the beach or in SoCal that has pubic hair!

You can throw anything you want.

BTW, the Brazilian thing is a fastly fading fad..

I don't even want to remember what I saw last year. She was in her late 30's, slightly plumb, and wearing a bikini that was too small for her. Laying on back with her knees in the air was a very scary sight.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Boy was that link disappointing. frown

I'm all for a little plumb and bush.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by antlers
OK...'wearing saggy pants' then...! Is their bare a$$ showing TRH...? Good grief...you spout off about the wrongs of government intrusion into our everyday lives...and many here agree with you on those points. And then you want the government to be able to tell us 'how and how not' to wear our clothes...!?!?
Where do you draw the line in terms of maintaining minimum public standards for decency? I see no problem with local communities instituting in their ordinances their standards based on local majority values.

Criminalizing bad fashion choices seems a bit extreme. Should the government be able to dictate to us what we can or can't wear based on their interpretation of what is offensive or not...?
I'm in the "no" camp.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I'd like to see TRH's response when this law is used as a precursor to a terry stop and an individual is found to be in possession of an illegal firearm, or narcotics
Permitting routine frisking for "officer safety" when issuing a citation for jay walking or public indecency is an obvious camel's nose opportunity for abuse. Just issue the citation.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
TRH,

When I was in high school our school library had a book about drug addiction, published in the 1930's. One section supposedly proved how chewing gum "habitually" led to cigarette smoking, which led to drinking deer, which led to marijuana smoking, which led to death from cocaine or heroin addiction.

Drinking deer? Let's leave the ungulate vampires out of this for now, shall we?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
antlers,

Good point about "criminalizing bad fashion choices." If we did that, then probably 80% of the golfers in Congress could be arrested every weekend.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,558 guests, and 704 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,536
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.