24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anybody here have experience or knowledge about him?

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.
BP-B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
My late best friend had a 6.5-06 put together by Charley and I got to shoot it some. It was more difficult to find a load that wouldn't shoot in that rifle than one that would.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
PM rcamuglia, he shoots quit a few of them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Quality smith and a quality guy.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I never had anything done by him but two friends of mine have had a few rifles built and/or worked on by him.

He seems to be a meticulous smith and is a wizard on Rem 700's.His rifles shoot very well.If I were building on a Remington I would not hesitate to send it to Charlie.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
He worked on some of mine and built my 375 Wby. They shoot great, I also had a 700 8mm Rem mag that my gunsmith used his bedding pillars in, they worked great. Randy

US Army Ft Carson, Co 1976 to 1979
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As SLM says, Charley builds all of the custom rifles that I shoot. I've known him for 25+ years after having met him while working with him at a local iconic sporting goods store here in Albuquerque, Charlie's Sporting Goods (Named for the owner, Charlie Domenici, Pete's cousin).

Charley is a great guy and does his work the right way with no shortcuts.

I have lightweight hunting rifles as well as competition rifles built by Score High. Charley has a great crew in Andy and Ben in the shop. They all are avid shooters in the field as well as competitively and wouldn't do to your rifle what they wouldn't want done to theirs. They are some of my shooting buddies.

You will be happy with whatever you decide to build if it comes from Score High.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
As SLM says, Charley builds all of the custom rifles that I shoot. I've known him for 25+ years after having met him while working with him at a local iconic sporting goods store here in Albuquerque, Charlie's Sporting Goods (Named for the owner, Charlie Domenici, Pete's cousin).

Charley is a great guy and does his work the right way with no shortcuts.

I have lightweight hunting rifles as well as competition rifles built by Score High. Charley has a great crew in Andy and Ben in the shop. They all are avid shooters in the field as well as competitively and wouldn't do to your rifle what they wouldn't want done to theirs. They are some of my shooting buddies.

You will be happy with whatever you decide to build if it comes from Score High.

+1

I have several rifles built by Charlie. Both hunting and target. He has his favorite projects and is exceptional at what he enjoys. He also is easy to talk with and freely gives any advice needed.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have owned two rifles built by Charlie. His work is quality. He is a great guy to deal with.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One of the guys in his shop, Ben, is a friend of mine. They know what they are doing.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sounds like people we should all get to know.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Score High and Charley Robertson are 1st class. He's built up several rifles for me and worked on some others.

There's also a 'Charley' who's a gunsmith who works in Charley's Sporting Goods. As noted.. the 'Charley' of Charley's Sporting Goods is yet a third 'Charley' as follows:

1) Charley of Score High
2) Charley Domenici (now deceased) who owned Charley's Sporting Goods
3) The gunsmith named Charley who worked for Charley Domenici at Charley's Sporting Goods

Everyone confused?

My g8-g8 uncle was Barney Riggs. Google and read about him. He roamed around the southwest, mainly west Tx and Az and NM territory. History credits him with from 9 - 12 men he killed, not counting Mexicans and Indians. Family lore has it at 18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think the other Charley is Charley Jackson ( Chuck ), Charley Domenici's SIL.

I had not heard that Charley Domenici had passed?

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 07/30/14. Reason: sp
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I kinda need to clear that up a bit. Charlie Domenici has NOT passed. He is alive and well. He is also my Brother In Law's uncle.

Charley Robertson started at Charlies sporting goods. Charley Jackson married Domenicis daughter, Valerie. Charlie Robertson left and started Score-Hi.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I haven't dealt with either of them in many years, but both Charlie Robertson and Charley Jackson are nice guys and excellent gunsmiths. Charlie Jackson is more of a general repair gunsmith. Charlie Robertson does nice custom work.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I know all three Charley's ,all three good people , the two charley gunsmiths are top notch! As for Charley. Robertson ,runs a top notch custom gun shop!!

Keep your head on the stock,wood on wood
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well I sent him a box of parts yesterday for a 223 AI. Thanks for your help, fellows!

Teach every child you meet the importance of forgiveness. It's our only hope of surviving their wrath once they realize just how badly we've screwed things up for them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,368 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.