“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by BarryC
What a putz!
He played their game by their rules and got his butt handed to him. What a surprise! (Not)

What would you have done differently?

There have to be lawyers who do pro bono work for people like Duane. You'd think. I'd kick in a few bucks for his cause.

Barry is a complete idiot.

The problem was the guy ran the contest too close to the Oregon gambling statutes. He's now out of the game.

OH! BS!
Paying the winner prizes is too close to gambling? Really? Do you know how stupid YOU sound?

There isn't a legal strategy that you or anyone else suggested that would have chalked up a real "W" on this one. Because there was no real "W", only the wasting of resources.

Now, this azzhole has ended up PAYING the terrorists so they can do it again to someone else. Should we be thanking him for that?

smokepole, there isn't a lawyer around that would take a loser case like this. Because the object of the plaintiff wasn't to win, it was, as has been pointed out innumerable times, to drain the defendant. It doesn't take a law degree to do the math on this.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On further reflection, I apologize for calling him a putz.

The real people to blame are his so-called friends.
Friends that he obviously doesn't have any of, friends who couldn't be bothered to do anything but chatter about his plight like a bunch of women at an alcoholic uncle's funeral. Friends who really didn't give a schitt about the coyote hunt. Friends who really don't care if coyote hunting is even legal.

Duane, I'm sorry. I'm sorry about what I said. I'm sorry about what happened to you and I'm sorry you don't have any friends. It's not your fault that your friends abandoned you, it's just the way most folks are these days. People know no loyalty and are too fat & comfortable.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/567808/5280c0c633/1557503015/a18ddb5dd1/

Dear Friend of Wildlife,

It's rare that we get an opportunity to write VICTORY in a subject line in this field of work. But we just scored a big victory for wildlife in Oregon and I'm excited to share the great news with you.

Joining forces with the Animal Legal Defense Fund, we sued Duane Freilino, organizer of the annual JMK Coyote Hunting Contest in Crane, Harney County, Oregon. Our suit argued that the killing contest and associated betting competition constituted a gambling enterprise, which is illegal and deemed a public nuisance in the state of Oregon, where under state law a court may stop illegal gambling events. Freilino�s killing contest, held annually for eight seasons, required hunters to �buy in� to the contest by paying an entry fee of $100. Top teams won cash prizes totaling more than $10,000 for various kills, including �most kills� and �largest kill.�

In response to the lawsuit, Freilino had filed a counterclaim for $100,000. Arguing the counter-suit was an attempt at intimidation, we filed a motion to dismiss the counter-suit, leading Freilino to drop his meritless claim and settle the lawsuit against him by agreeing never to host another hunting contest in Oregon and to pay $5,252 in attorney fees to the animal groups.
Coyote howling
Most people are shocked to learn that it is legal to kill coyotes, foxes, bobcats, and other wildlife as part of a contest or tournament for prizes and "recreational fun" in most states. They�re even more shocked to learn that hundreds of such contests take place each year in the U.S. killing thousands of wild animals.

As a result of this lawsuit, hundreds of coyotes will be spared from wanton killing in the annual JMK Coyote Hunting Contest - and thousands of Americans now know about this heinous practice because of the national media attention garnerned.

California is our next target and next week we head to San Diego to testify before the CA Fish and Game Commission in support of our petition to ban wildlife killing contests statewide. You can read more about this effort in my Op Ed in the Sacramento Bee "The Case for Banning Wildlife-Killing Contests�.

Together we are making a difference for wildlife.

Thank you.

CamMokieHenryMtTamCarolineKraus Camilla H. Fox

Founder & Executive Director P.S.- I'm excited to share the first of a series of campaign ads we'll be using in our effort to ban wildlife killing contests in California created by Project Coyote communications advisor Gina Farr...

[Linked Image]

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Absolutely disgusting!

Those people should not be able to enjoy a dinner at a restaurant!

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Even their ad campaign is a lie.

If hunting coyotes is banned, then the kids DON'T have a choice now, do they?

It's all "Love, Peace, Acceptance and Tolerance" with those liberal idiots... Until it comes to something THEY don't want to tolerate or accept. whistle

Originally Posted by Salmonella
Founder & Executive Director P.S.- I'm excited to share the first of a series of campaign ads we'll be using in our effort to ban wildlife killing contests in California created by Project Coyote communications advisor Gina Farr...

[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Liberals- Our mission, to pass laws that make outlaws out of regular Americans, so the undisciplined minority can RULE!

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Liberals- Our mission, to pass laws that make outlaws out of regular Americans, so the undisciplined minority can RULE!

All based on what emotion is flowing from them that day... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just call it a hunt and offer no prizes and each hunter bring a covered dish for the buffet after the hunt.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a loss no matter how you view it. If you organize anything from now on then they'll call the thought police and say you had intent to conduct an organized hunt. Then they'll argue that any hunting party (like elk camp) is an organized hunt, even claiming the participants call it a "hunting party". Pretty soon, any group gathering involving hunting will be banned in the court of public opinion. Then it'll be solo hunting because someone, probably a 13 year old kid, will get lost and die a tragic death of hypothermia, or worse yet, get eaten by wolves.

It's just another step in the parade of insanity in this country.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
It's a loss no matter how you view it. If you organize anything from now on then they'll call the thought police and say you had intent to conduct an organized hunt. Then they'll argue that any hunting party (like elk camp) is an organized hunt, even claiming the participants call it a "hunting party". Pretty soon, any group gathering involving hunting will be banned in the court of public opinion. Then it'll be solo hunting because someone, probably a 13 year old kid, will get lost and die a tragic death of hypothermia, or worse yet, get eaten by wolves.

It's just another step in the parade of insanity in this country.

That's the way it's headed. Fast.

The liberal vilification of anything to do with hunting or guns of any sort has become there goal. The public that doesn't know better is the target of the campaign.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No kidding huh? They must be living on daddy's trust fund and bored out of their mind because they seem to have unlimited time and resources to phook with real people's lives.
I'd like to get these metro men on the end of a shovel and work the sheit out of them in 104 degree temps for about three weeks and see how much energy they have to dick with us all.

LOL
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I hope some of these idiots get turned into coyote or cougar poop, and then see how the rest of their crowd feel about their little fuzzy friends.... do any of these people understand they are dealing with wild animals, not stuffed animals?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,287 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,090
Posts18,464,038
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.