Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sitting in the Atlanta airport on way home from the east cape. My second trip with Marius of KMG safaris. First trip was awesome and this one even better. My wife and I booked for 8 days, but took 11animals in 6 days and did some sightseeing after that. Lana took four of those and worked hard hiking the hills, crouching, crawling, and sliding on her tummy to get her shots. She took a zebra, blesbok, impala, and a monster caracal. She was nice enough to let me shoot some animals from time to time.
You won't be disappointed with him. He guides in the east cape, Namibia, and occasionally elsewhere.
Blessings in your search.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Rain,
You know that is a really good question "where do I start". Simple, yet for many is a major stumbling block for them to make that leap and try an African hunt.

I usually recommend that the first step is deciding what your budget is. Unless you are extremely wealthy this is a limiting factor that must be determined. Once you understand what this number is, you can begin the research of hunts that that wil fit your budget. Second question, "what do I want to hunt". Then you can determine locations which hold the game you desire.

There are numerous other questions that will come to you as you continue down the path of locating a hunt. Posting on sites like this that have a number of experienced africa hunters will help to point you in the right direction. If you dont feel this will result in the desired results, hook yourself onto a reputable outfitter and trust in his judgement. Then just start practicing your shooting!

BigBullet
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow mindedness.

https://www.facebook.com/Natal-Outfitters-195443607135825/
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would go here:

http://www.spiralhorn.co.za/

I've been on 2 safaris with Louis van Bergen and could not imagine it being any better. PM me and we can discuss it...

Gary

Never underestimate the likelihood that the Republicans will cave...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was in your exact spot, many of the recommendations you have received are good. My advice is that you are a long way from picking an outfitter.

I'd start with what you want to hunt. Biggest question is plains game, dangerous game.

Then I'd focus on avail budget.

Then I'd focus on countries. For me, I knew I wanted to do plains game, so I started looking at SA and Namibia. I also knew I might just do it once so when I heard you could hunt plains game amongst the big five in Zim, I decided to go to the BVC or Save conservancies. Ended up having a great trip to the BVC.

I learned a lot of this info from online forums like the campfire and I also went to SCI which I highly recommend - and you will need at least two days - one to map it out, second to talk to folks.

If I was going back for PG - I would go Namibia, for DG I'd go Zim.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, aaronward9, 18 invisible), 1,758 guests, and 962 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.