24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A 5 year old girl was accidently shot yesterday by another 5 year old who got his/her hands on a gun.

UPDATE: 5-year-old Girl Dies After Idaho Playmate Gets Gun

CHUBBUCK (AP) � A 5-year-old girl visiting with friends in eastern Idaho died after being shot by another 5-year-old in what police say is an accidental shooting.

Lt. Bill Guiberson of the Chubbuck Police Department says emergency workers responded to a Chubbuck home at about 3 p.m. Wednesday and took the girl to Portneuf Medical Center in Pocatello.

The hospital confirmed later in the evening the girl had died.

In a statement on Thursday, police say adults occupied the home at the time of the shooting but were in a different room.

Police haven't released the type of gun involved or how the children gained access to the firearm.

Names haven't been released, and police are continuing to investigate.

Police didn't return a call from The Associated Press on Thursday

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
More details needed to even be able to say anything beyond it's a crying shame and prayers for the family.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No details are needed to see someone was negligent

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hate that the tragic incident happened. There is no excuse.

But, that being said, I wonder why they run this story nationally, and let the story of the kid that drank anti-freeze found in the garage and died, only be "local news"?

Or the kid that was playing in a cardboard box in the street, that was killed when a pickup ran over what they thought was a box?

Oh, wait..That's right... they are not trying to ban anti-freeze or cardboard boxes.

But every time a gun is discharged, it makes national headlines.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Yeah, you are exactly right.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
" But, that being said, I wonder why they run this story nationally, and let the story of the kid that drank anti-freeze found in the garage and died, only be "local news"?
"
Because the government isn't interested in banning anti-freeze. they want to ban guns.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Actually, that story is in our local newspaper. If it's gone national, I haven't seen it yet. Still, a child died needlessly from someone's stupidity no matter how its reported.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The story says it's an AP story. It went out on the wires.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I teach the NRA developed Eddie Eagle children's gun safety program. No where in the literature (funny books) does it state anything about owning a gun or promote membership in the NRA. The past governor of Virginia proposed & the state legislature passed a recommendation that all school children attend a gun safety program. The liberal Northern Virginia counties would not approve the Eddie Eagle program. Several county councils contended an alternate program not developed by the NRA would be used. Of course, no program existed or was ever taught in these counties. Many other counties in Virginia, boy/girl scouts, 4H clubs, etc. have allowed the program to be presented. Liberal Northern Virginia counties would prefer children risk being accidentally shot rather than give any credit to the NRA for developing & presenting a very successful children's gun safety program.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This particular incident happened on an Indian reservation but that's not saying they're Indians. There are quite a few non-Indians living there, too. It's hardly a bastion of liberal thought, though.

― George Orwell

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It doesn't take a liberal to leave children unprepared around firearms. As a parent, I don't really buy into the belief that a pre-kindergartner can be expected to be safe when around firearms unsupervised.

This happened just down the road from my farm, I don't think it's on the rez.

Both parents home. Tragedy.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Such a shame, so easy to avoid yet it still happens.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
85 members (338reddog, 308ld, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 752 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,759
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.